What's new

Queensryche remastered (1 Viewer)

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
The last thing I'd heard about the box set was that it would include all seven remastered discs, plus the Promised Land CD-ROM game from a few years back. It was some time ago when I first heard this, so things could have changed drastically (in other words, please don't quote me and come back and hate me later if things don't work out that way).

That said, I finally got the "Rage for Order" remaster last week and sat down and listened to it with headphones today. Wow. Just wow. If you thought "Mindcrime" sounded like a new record, wait'll you hear "Rage", which now sounds like it was recorded yesterday. I always thought the original "Rage" CD sounded flat, but this remaster is perfect. I've got "Warning" on order, so hopefully it will be just as good.

So far, Capitol/EMI gets a huge thumbs up:emoji_thumbsup: for this whole remastering rerelease operation.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Guess I'll chime in with a semi-repost of my "lost post" from this thread...

According to the people at rec.music.artists.queensryche, the "Revolution Calling" CD box set actually gives you less than you would get by buying the seven remastered CDs individually. All the discs in the box set are in digipaks, and don't include any of the booklets, new or old, from the individual CD releases. The rumored inclusion of the "Promised Land" CD-ROM set was just that as well: a rumor. So, basically, you're getting what would equate to "bare bones" versions of the CDs in a box.

I'm really glad that I've gotten them all individually and didn't just spring for the box set. Still, their making the box set nothing special (and in fact, less special) is something that puzzles me.

As for the CD booklets for the last three discs, I think I was most disappointed with the fact that "Empire" didn't have a redone booklet like the first four. I never liked the font/layout of that sleeve myself. The fact that PL and HITNF had their original books/foldouts didn't bother me though. I always thought the PL foldout was really nice looking, and was happy when I saw it had been kept.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
D'OH! I stand corrected; someone actually mentioned the CD-ROM being included later in the same thread I referenced. My mistake. Sorry to have confused anyone.

I'm still going on record as saying that the individual discs are the way to go. I don't want the PL CD-ROM that much. The booklets are just too nice to pass up.

In a related story, Scott Rockenfeld says in a very recent interview that QR is at work on assembling a disc of rarities that will be released within the next year or so. He said that it will be approximately ten tracks from throughout their careers that have never/hardly been heard. Very cool news.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap do I need to make a trip to the store! Mindcrime is my favorite disc. Ever. Amazing. I was skeptical of the quality of the remasters but with this feedback in tow I'm sold.

BTW, there was a gold CD of Empire released a while back that also sounds excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks