What's new

Queensryche remastered (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Queensryche's back catalogue has finally been remastered and recently released. I just came back from a record store and saw all the studio albums up to and including Mindcrime. Unfortunately, my wallet only allowed me to buy one, so I chose the self-titled EP. I'll get them in order.

I haven't listened to it yet, but the cool thing is that it's chock full of bonus tracks.

Ryan Chron

Grip
excellent. i can't wait to get a remaster of mindcrime. the one out on cd before sounds horrible. i also gotta pick up empire.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Empire is being remastered. I didn't see it in the store, it was released in 1990 (new enough to not really require a remaster) and the CD sounds fine.

Besides, the DVD-A is the premier to listen to Empire nowadays. :)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Mike, I believe I read on AA a while back when these were announced that there WILL be an Empire remaster. At least that's what I believe I remember I read. Perhaps your store had already sold their copy of that release.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Ok, that's cool. I certainly didn't mean to use my favorite record store as the basis for this news. :)

Hopefully the new Empire CD will include some bonus tracks, offering something the DVD-A does not.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I'm really looking forward to these remaster's. I've been a fan for a long time, however, I have not been pleased with their music over the past few years. Hopefully "Tribe" will be much better than Q2K. I will definately pick up Mindcrime, Rage, and possibly Promised Land.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Is one of the bonus tracks "Prophecy" ?

It wasn't on the original (vinyl) release of the self-titled EP but when it was released as a CD it was included. Good song.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
It looks like remastered versions of Empire, Promised Land, and Hear In the Now Frontier will be released on June 10th.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The original Promised Land CD sounds fantastic to me, and I have the Bridge EP, so that, probably my favorite Queensryche album, does not interest me. The original CD of Mindcrime sounds dreadful, that one is tempting. But I think I'll hold off and see what High-Rez is down the line.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
I was only able to find the remastered "Mindcrime" the other day, but I have to say that I was very impressed with the sound quality. It doesn't sound nearly as flat as the original CD release. It's still not perfect, but this is the best "Mindcrime" has ever sounded on CD (outside of the "LiveCrime" boxset, which was magnificent).

As for the bonus tracks on "Empire"'s remaster, I seem to recall that they would include the track from the "Ford Fairlane" soundtrack and their cover of the Simon and Garfunkel song that was on a few singles. There might be another bonus track included, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it was.

And, for some reason, the studio version of "Prophecy" is now included on "The Warning" remaster rather than the EP remaster. I know it was recorded during the "Warning" sessions, so maybe they just wanted to be consistent.

Ryan Chron

Grip
I just bought mindcrime and it sounds amazing. Tate's voice finally gets the clarity it deserves and you can now clearly hear everything going on in the songs (music, sound effects and dialogue). Now if only they would put out a dvd-audio of it. How is the audio on the Operation Livecrime DVD? worth a purchase?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
It's still not perfect, but this is the best "Mindcrime" has ever sounded on CD (outside of the "LiveCrime" boxset, which was magnificent).
I always thought the CD that came with the original "Mincrime" box sounded like absolute s**t. Compared with the well mastered Japanese import LaserDisc it sure did.

Darryl

Stunt Coordinator
How is the audio on the Operation Livecrime DVD? worth a purchase?
The sound is pretty good, and the performance is great. But I was really disappointed with the video quality. It's like they recorded it at some wierd slow framerate and then blended frames together. Whenever someone moves with any speed the details get blurred out and the energy of the performance gets sucked out of the picture. But it sounds good and its still cool...

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I also didn't like the quality of the Livecrime CD that I purchased long ago. Fortunately, one of the bonus tracks on the new Mindrcime discs is a live version of "The Mission" (fav song) that sounds better than the version on the Livecrime disc (IMO).

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm. It (the LiveCrime CD) always sounded really good to my ears. Oh well, to each his own. :)

Still looking for the remaster of "Rage For Order", and I really don't want to have to break down and buy it online. You'd think that even the chain mall stores would have it, but as of yet, no luck whatsoever.:angry:

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Just listened to the Queensryche EP (but not the bonus tracks yet). Sounds much better than the original.:emoji_thumbsup:

NP: Camel, Dust and Dreams

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Michael,
I saw the remaster for Rage at Tower Records the other night. Granted, I live on the other side of the country, however, if you have any Towers near you it might be worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks