1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 Controller Extensions?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bryce_H, Jul 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bryce_H

Bryce_H Stunt Coordinator

Has anybody extended PS2 controller cables by adding additional wire in the middle. I have a riser that is 8' deep, plus a few feet in the component closet. I am trying to run the controller cable through my conduit, but I am ending up having to string several extention cable together. Wondered if I could use some 22 gauge, 4 conductor shielded cable I have to add into the middle of the PS2 cable. I was thinking of just cutting the PS2 cable and splicing in the additional length of wire.

Any thoughts?

2. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Oooh...dont know about that. Why not buy some controller extension cords?

3. Bryce_H

Bryce_H Stunt Coordinator

Well I have done 1 successful cable - there are actually 10 wires in there! Reason I want to actually extend them rather than daisy chaining them is to conserve space in the conduit. Now on to the other controller cable and then 4 N64 controllers [​IMG]

4. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Buying the Logitech Cordless Action controllers would be a lot easier. It claims a range of 30 feet.

5. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Stunt Coordinator

Another vote for the Logitech wireless controller. I have one and it is outstanding. It is one top shelf, quality product. I highly recommend it. Its well worth the price and the battery life on it is quite amazing.