What's new

PS2 Controller Extensions? (1 Viewer)

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
Has anybody extended PS2 controller cables by adding additional wire in the middle. I have a riser that is 8' deep, plus a few feet in the component closet. I am trying to run the controller cable through my conduit, but I am ending up having to string several extention cable together. Wondered if I could use some 22 gauge, 4 conductor shielded cable I have to add into the middle of the PS2 cable. I was thinking of just cutting the PS2 cable and splicing in the additional length of wire.

Any thoughts?

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
Well I have done 1 successful cable - there are actually 10 wires in there! Reason I want to actually extend them rather than daisy chaining them is to conserve space in the conduit. Now on to the other controller cable and then 4 N64 controllers :D

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Buying the Logitech Cordless Action controllers would be a lot easier. It claims a range of 30 feet.

ShelbyB

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for the Logitech wireless controller. I have one and it is outstanding. It is one top shelf, quality product. I highly recommend it. Its well worth the price and the battery life on it is quite amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks