What's new

PS2 and DSL routers (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
I have mindspring DSL and figured instead of getting a dsl router and running wires down two floors to where my PS2 is, I could get a second dsl modem for the second location. Turns out this will only work if i disconecct my upstairs connection (two places can't be logged in under the same login at the same time, says Mindspring)....so then it seems a router is my best bet.

From what i understand a wireless routing system probably won't work with a PS2 (usually you have to have cards installed at the computer locations, and i assume i can't install a wireless card in the ps2)...so am i stuck getting a regular dsl router and running rg9 cables downstairs? or should i just disconnect the upstairs dsl modem and bring it downstairs to play?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
THere are external wireless adapters, BUT I don't recommend wireless for gaming. Too much lag as wireless really increases ping times.

Your mileage may vary tho

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i'll probably just unplug the upstairs modem and take it downstairs to play.

i'm on a waiting list for a ps2 online adapter that should be here monday. i actually don't even have a ps2 yet, was waiting to get the adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks