What's new

Need a little help going wireless network, got $450.00 (1 Viewer)

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
Need a little help here and suggestions. Fist my internet connect is satellite for now, until dsl gets here very soon. I have two pc's, an xbox and a ps2.
Now I'd like to run a wireless network, maybe linksys brand?? Other than a router, 2 usb wireless adapters for the pc's, 1 bridge for the xbox,(ps2 is very close to the pc so I could just run wire), is there anything else I need? What if a buddy or two bring their xbox's over to play offline? How could I integrate my friends xbox into the system wirelessly? Buy another bridge if in another room? Just for offline networking gaming for now with the console games.
P.S anyone ever have any conflicts with other 2.4ghz devices?

Thanks for reading this and any suggestions?

John

Romar Armas

Second Unit
What you have there is fine. What you can do is get a regular Hub with an uplink port. Then you can connect that Hub to the wireless bridge. You can then connect the Xbox and the PS2 to the hub and they will be on the network. This is assuming that the systems will be near each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks