What's new

Projector video "refreshing" (1 Viewer)

KingBob

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Porter
Sorry, I couldn't think of how to explain it. This has been happening for a while now. I think I might know what causes it, but need to figure out how to resolve. I will hold back my thought and let you guys weigh in and see if others come to the same conclusion. I have a newer projector and lately the video seems to refresh/recycle constantly. I have a video of it here as well so you can see what I mean. Anyone have any guesses as to why this may be happening? The setup is an Xbox One S connected to a Sony receiver connected to an Optoma projector. All three devices are also connected to a line conditioner/surge protector. Super annoying and if I am watching something via Netflix etc I have to constantly pause it so I don't miss things on screen even though the audio is continuing normally. Thanks team.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
i know i'm probably not going to be much help, but I have a 65" led and sometimes the screen just goes black and the sound still playing, then it comes back after 5+ seconds. I was thinking it was my green power surge protector since I now have everything in the no-green outlets and i haven't had it happen in a long time. I also moved a switch that causes it to maybe go into a sort of standby mode or something like that. . I have a Monster Green Power HT 800G. I got it from walmart's clearance sale for $15. it was down from $80. lol

that's prob not your problem. I'd figure out with device is triggering the refresh. If you can change stuff around, try other equipment with it for troubleshoots that would weed it out.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
It looks like it's losing the HDMI 'handshake'. Could be due to faulty cables (or too long a cable run).

Try this test: connect the xbox directly to the projector and see if you get the same problem. If you do, try another cable and see if you get the problem again.

KingBob

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Porter
It looks like it's losing the HDMI 'handshake'. Could be due to faulty cables (or too long a cable run).

Try this test: connect the xbox directly to the projector and see if you get the same problem. If you do, try another cable and see if you get the problem again.
I did consider getting a new, and possibly more professional, HDMI cable so I may try a shorter cable and move a source closer to the projector. My original thought was static. The static in this room is very high due to weather conditions etc. which is one reason I put in the line conditioner. I just couldn't figure out why it would cause this when there is literally zero movement in the house and it still occurs.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm also guessing an issue with the HTML connection/cable. As Peter suggests, I'd try a different and/or shorter cable.

Is the HTML your only input source for the projector? If so, I'd also try setting the "source lock" in your projector menu to the HTML input to see if that makes any difference.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
My Xbox One S would do the same thing at times until I changed the video output settings to 1080 and it finally stopped. When I had the One S set to output 4K, it seemed like the Xbox couldn't handle it and would drop out. Check the video output settings and see if that helps.

Brian

amwagner0

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam Wagner
Hey Bob, did you ever get this resolved? I am having a similar issue on my Optoma Projector that just started in the last month or so..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks