What's new
World Wide Stereo

Projector & Screen placement help (1 Viewer)

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
I need some advice on where to mount my screen and projector.

Screen is 106" diagonal, 92" wide
Projector will be either the Z4 or 900E

Wall #1 is 8' H x 12' 5" long

Wall #2 is 8' 3" H x 11' long

Distance between walls is 15'

Option #1

screen mounted just above trim on wall #1

Pros- window & light get blocked out by screen
Cons- entrance to living room gets blocked by seating

Option #2

screen mounted on wall #2

Pros- entrance to living room much more accessible, more room on wall #1 for seating
Cons- window lets in light but can be fixed

Unknown - can the projector be mounted just above the window trim? It would be 7' off the floor. My concern is that it would be too high to project a proper image.

My preference would be option #2, I just wasn't sure at what height to mount the screen and the projector.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mike

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
If you are going to mount the projector that high, it will have to be mounted upside-down in "ceiling mode" because projectors always project the image above (or below, in ceiling mode) the projector. Before you decide where to mount you need to read the manuals to see what dimensions the projector throws at what distances

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I would mount it on wall #2, then block out the light better on that window.
Are you trying to get away from a ceiling mount? Both of those projectors have lens shift, so you can mount it on a shelf on the rear wall. That's one reason those 2 projectors are so popular(being able to mount it on a shelf on rear wall due to lens shift and long zoom).

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I am trying to avoid a ceiling mount. A shelf just above the trim would be ideal but like I said I wasn't sure of the height but since it is close to being ceiling height I was hoping it would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks