What's new

Project Options at $3k (1 Viewer)

Lin Park

Second Unit
Looking to move to a front projector in my main HT. Room is about 11.5' x 15' with a 10' ceiling and a ceiling fan. Best place for unit appears to be on the back wall about 8' off the ground with a throw across the 15' dimension. I suppose I could replace the ceiling fan with a mount point for the projector there if need be.

Primarily watch DVD's and HDTV here. What would you recommend?

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
My opinion, what it's worth, is to put in a few hundred more and get the 1080p Sony VW50, "Pearl". Around $3700 shipped what I have seen it lately.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Are you thinking of placing it on a shelf or a ceiling mount?
What size screen do you want?
What will your seating distance be?
DLP or LCD?
Answer these questions, then we can make recommendations.

Lin Park

Second Unit
Ideally, I'd like to shelf mount it about 8' off the ground placing it about 14' from the screen, but I am not comletely against ceiling mounting it which would place it about 7' from the screen. I'd like the screen to be about 10' diagonally in a 16:9 configuration. I'll be sitting about 9' from the screen. I have no preference between LCD or DLP because I'm not really sure what the finer points are between the two so any recommendations you can make on that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
There's no projector that will give you that large an image mounted 7' from the screen. I recommend the Panasonic AX100. You can mount it on a rear shelf, and it will give you the image size you want. It got great reviews at Projectorcentral.com and Projectorreviews.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks