What's new
World Wide Stereo

Problem with new receiver? Help! (1 Viewer)

BenBerentson

Auditioning
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and home theater a/v equipment in general, and I just had some a new Cambridge Azur 540R receiver delivered to me yesterday. I hooked it up and eventually noticed that the left speaker channel was getting lower and lower in volume. So I went in to check out the connections and I had to move the unit to get at the speaker connections. I checked them, made sure they were secure and as I went to slide it back into place, the left channel sound popped back on as I moved it. Happily thinking it had fixed itself of its own accord, I moved it further, but the sound died. So I fidgeted with it a little bit and got it back into place with the correct sound level but it required a velvet touch. My question is -- by moving it while on, did i momentarily short some connections and now it's fine having taken a nice rest or is this something more serious and I should exhange this for a new one as soon as possible. The problem originated without me touching it. The layman in me is worried that the unit was damaged in shipping.

Thanks,

Ben

728x90

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
You don't have a Loose Strand of Speaker Wire touching the Receiver at the Speaker Connection, do you?
If not....then if it's still Returnable, I'd do that !
No since having a New Component and it doesn't perform like it should? It may get worst...then it'll be too late !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks