AV receiver HDCP issues (1 Viewer)

Pinnekwin

Auditioning
Real Name
Quin
Hi all, seeking your advice!

I connected a new Denon AV receiver with 2 HDMI outs to:
  • A TV (full HD - no 4K)
  • A 4K-60Hz beamer through a 4K -60HZ capable HDMI extender. (to another room)
and this gave HDCP issues: the receiver did frequent drop-outs.
(I used brand new HDMI 2.1 cables to connect)

To fix this without using the trial and error-mode I would like to learn he following:
  1. Will there also be issues if I connect A 4K - 120Hz TV instead of the Full HD one, and keep the rest the same (4K - 60Hz)
  2. Is there a way to fix this using the same 2 output screens?
    1. but use a different receiver / or brand of receiver who's capable of dealing with this (which one you recommend on a budget?)
    2. If I add a HDMI splitter at the HDMI out of the receiver, can this fix the problems?
Thanks in advance for your help & suggestions !!!

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
Hi all, seeking your advice!

I connected a new Denon AV receiver with 2 HDMI outs to:
  • A TV (full HD - no 4K)
  • A 4K-60Hz beamer through a 4K -60HZ capable HDMI extender. (to another room)
and this gave HDCP issues: the receiver did frequent drop-outs.
(I used brand new HDMI 2.1 cables to connect)

To fix this without using the trial and error-mode I would like to learn he following:
  1. Will there also be issues if I connect A 4K - 120Hz TV instead of the Full HD one, and keep the rest the same (4K - 60Hz)
  2. Is there a way to fix this using the same 2 output screens?
    1. but use a different receiver / or brand of receiver who's capable of dealing with this (which one you recommend on a budget?)
    2. If I add a HDMI splitter at the HDMI out of the receiver, can this fix the problems?
Thanks in advance for your help & suggestions !!!
First, have you gone to the TV straight, without the extender and the "Beamer"??

If yes, and all works good. You "beamer" and extender are not HDCP compliant.

If no and still nothing works. Are the HDMI cables "CERTIFIED"?

If not, trash them and get certified cables. I had issues with cables that were NOT CERTIFIED. I have monoprice HDMI certified cables now with no problems for 4K and 1080p.

BTW, what the heck is a "beamer".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks