What's new

Problem with Aura bass shakers (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I just bought two Aura Pro Bass Shakers, as well as a Dayton SA 70W Subwoofer amplifer from Parts Express. When I hooked one the bass shakers up to test it out, there was no vibration or shaking! I used a Y-splitter to connect RCA cables from my receiver to my subwoofer and the amplifer. I then used speaker wire from the left speaker out of the amplifer to connect with the bass shaker.
I've tried just about everything (switched from left to right speaker out, adjusted the volume and frequency knobs on the amp, but still nothing! Can anyone here help with this problem?

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
The amplifier only has ONE output... That's the wires (or maybe you just have some ears on that one - I dismember) that are coming out the back/bottom... The left/right speaker outputs are for when you're feeding the thing a speaker-level signal. It cuts out the low end, and passes it to the sub, and sends the high end on to the speakers.

Also, IIRC, those are 4 ohm devices, so you're going to want to wire 'em in series, for an 8 ohm load... That amp won't like 2 ohm load.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member

Got it. I connected the bass shakers to the wires in the back of the amp, and it works! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks