What's new

Bass shaker hook-up question, please help!! (1 Viewer)

TRINADS

Agent
Real Name
Jimmy
I have been reading a lot of input on bass shakers, and it seems that they are definately worth the money.
I just purchased 2 Aura ast 1b-4 bass shakers (specs: impedance: 4 ohms RMS 50W, max 100W w/ both, frequency 20-80 hz), and 2 VWS-100 (made by dot2 SR) bass shakers (specs: imendence: 2ohms, RMS 40W, 80W w/ 2, max power 100W, 200W w/ both, frequency: 20-80hz), (currently on ebay), I have a 7.1 onkyo reciever as my main amp, and have an old JVC 5.1 DD reciever, which is 85Wx5, I believe as my secondary amp that will drive the bass shakers. How would i hook this up so that I can get 8ohms output? Will it be a problem hooking them up to the JVC reciever? basically, I think I would split the LFE from main reciever, into the DVD input of the JVC reciever, and from there, I don't know what I should do. I know that I would use the secondary amp in stereo/mono function, & use R/L channels as outputs, but will the difference in ohms from both products cause a problem? Can anyone give me a detailed explaination to hooking up the bass shakers? Any help would be appreciated. I am very new to the technobabble of the ohms, ect. DETAILED explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks