1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Prime app won't connect to audio system through ARC

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by larue1943, Oct 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. larue1943

larue1943 Auditioning

Don
    When I connect to netflix with onboard dish app it will play through the home theater system through ARC. Dish does not have an Amazon Prime app, If I use my Samsung TV app to connect, video and audio plays on the TV. ARC does not audio to home theater system. What can I do?

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

What type of device are you accessing the "onboard dish app" on, and how is that connected to your receiver? How is your Samsung display connected to your receiver, and what type of receiver do you have? You need to turn ARC on both via the Samsung display and your receiver, and keep in mind that ARC doesn't always work well even if you have everything configured correctly.

Todd Erwin likes this.
  3. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    How is everything hooked up? Where is the Dish App? I have a feeling you may be misunderstanding ARC and what it's intended for.

4. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    I would save yourself the headache of ARC and get a streaming device like a Roku or Amazon Fire TV. Rumor has it that these are going to be heavily discounted on Black Friday.

5. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

It appears the original poster isn't coming back to check the thread for assistance.