What's new

Pre-show trailers and video (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Guys, what's the best way to run trailers and "welcome to the movie"-style video before a movie in my home theater (without changing discs)? Does it involve hooking up some kind of PC to my setup?

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Based on my experience with home theater equipment, and trying to adapt things for semi-pro performance, your best bet is likely to have two sources: a pre-cued feature-source, and another source, be it a DVD player, PC, or whatever, with your preshow elements cued up on it.

Huh. I wonder; is there something like a "cart machine" for quick playback of video stuff without going to the broadcast level?

Leo

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
um, to answer my own query, "yes." The first search hit actually looks pretty good, for the EBRcart2 Digital Cart Machine for the PC.

Leo

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Originally Posted by Leo Kerr

Based on my experience with home theater equipment, and trying to adapt things for semi-pro performance, your best bet is likely to have two sources: a pre-cued feature-source, and another source, be it a DVD player, PC, or whatever, with your preshow elements cued up on it.

Huh. I wonder; is there something like a "cart machine" for quick playback of video stuff without going to the broadcast level?

Leo

A second player would be feasible for a disc-based pre-show, but I think for trailers, etc, it might have to be PC based.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks