What's new

Power management products (1 Viewer)

Jason Brent

Second Unit
I don't currently have any power management devices, but would like to invest in something.

What's the difference between the Monster Cable AVS 2000 and their HTPS 7000? The HTPS has more outlets.

Are there other products I should look into?

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
ok, let's see the list of home theater/ music system deficiencies and electrical problems that you have and want to correct, if not improve...

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Hi Bill,

You live in Modesto? I did a lot of flight training in Oakland, and used to fly out there a lot.....nice little airport.

I wouldn't say I really have any problems, per se. The first thing I need to address is a lack of outlets. Here's my current equipment:

-HK 525
-Toshiba 4800 DVD player
-Sony Wega
-Paradigm Studio front end
-Paradigm PW-2200
-Atlantic Tech 374 surrounds
-Digital Cable box

Planned upgrades are a new 7 channel amp or 2 mono's and a 5 channel amp, and a new sub.

I suppose that all I really need is something like the Monster HTS 5100?

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Jason,

...didnt mean to sound abrupt, above, but there's so much archival stuff on this subject that it's pointless, IMO, to merely suggest a power management box without knowing the whole system in which it must operate.

Obviouslyu, you'd like a power center with multiple outlets and a modicum of surge protection plus RF/EMI AC line noise filterong. At this level, $55-$120 does the job.

It's a shame people only see the MonsterPower devices in the chain stores; but that's why we're here for you!

AVS2000 is a $1300 voltage stabilizer -- pretty much useless unless your HI power delivery is all over the grid, day in, day out. Doubtful.

HTPS7000 @$1200 is their flagship with all the noise and digital/analog separation for systems with many components. Plus if has 4 "balanced power" outlets to reduce Common Mode noise, if you want read up on this. I wud take one at an employee discount, but not a full retuail.

Once you get beyond a power center with surge suppression, you face upgraditis to "power conditioners" These are not necessities esp if one is counting his $$$. Often, expecting these devices to "make a difference" in sound and video is deeply system dependent and must be auditioned if possible...

(Thanks for recalling the local Harry Sham Field where I earned a P.P. license so many years go, now retired)

Jason Brent

Second Unit
OK, thanks Bill

Yes, I do suffer from upgraditis quite a bit. I don't think I need the AVS 2000. However something like the HTPS 7000 or HTS 5100 sounds more up my alley. I have a friend that might be able to get these at or below employee prices.

I really mis flying out there. Now I flight instruct and do aerial tours in Hawaii.

Take care

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks