What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
AudioControl has announced the introduction of a new line of 8K home theater processors and receivers at CEDIA this week in Dallas. The company is showcasing new versions of the X-Series processors and receivers, all of which include HDMI 2.1 with HDCP2.3 support and accept 8K signals. Each model also carries 16-channel immersive audio processing and will allow consumers or integrators a chance to hear or deliver “new levels of precision, power, and control.”
The selection of preamps and receivers naturally support 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos, Auro 3D and DTS:X, and also offer IMAX Enhanced certification. With 16 channels of balanced and unbalanced outputs, these 8K home theater products offer Dirac Live room correction with bass management and ESS Sabre DACs for “unprecedented levels of detail and clarity along with earth-shaking, authoritative bass response.”
Onboard are Google Cast, Airplay 2, aptX Bluetooth and Wi-Fi streaming connectivity options...

Continue reading...

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
It's nice seeing the latest batch of these starting to come out. I'm getting antsy to upgrade my pre/pro, and this latest batch seems to finally have what i'm looking for (solid HDMI 2.1 support, future proofing).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m interested in replacing my Marantz 7702mkII in the next year or two…

Do they not have pricing for their product? Neither press release nor website says. No direct-to-consumer sales and their “dealers“ in my area appear to be primarily rando’s selling by cellphone from their home. I’m confused by this company.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Do they not have pricing for their product? Neither press release nor website says. No direct-to-consumer sales and their “dealers“ in my area appear to be primarily rando’s selling by cellphone from their home. I’m confused by this company.
The X7 preamp is $6,900. (ouch)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN

Looks like they only work through integrators, which is a pain, but I found this over at Audio Science.

X9:
ES9038PRO SABRE audiophile DACs (140 dB of dynamic range)
• 16 channel XLR outputs with OPA1612 HiFi Audio op-amps
• Price: $9,600

X7:
ES9026PRO SABRE DACs (124 dB of dynamic range)
• 16 channel XLR outputs
• Price: $6,600

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oops. I posted that from memory.

Unfortunately, my memory never was what it used to be.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I figured it was, “If you have to ask…” :)

They’re more expensive than Anthem, I think. Having Dirac integrated I’m sure contributes to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks