What's new
World Wide Stereo

Polyfill stuffing the Tempest Sealed Mid-Q (1 Viewer)

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question regarding stuffing the Sealed tempest mid Q with Polyfill. The Adire application notes suggest stuffing it with 32 onces. So my question is does it need to be glued to the side walls? or just throw the polyfill in the box and don't worry about where it land?

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Just throw it in. The bags are usually 20 oz each, so get 2 and throw em' both in there.

Pete

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
I've built that alignment, and two pounds will fill up the box completely. You dont have to worry about where it lands, it'll be everywhere.

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
One more question for the pros here. When stuffing the cabinet with polyfill, is it a fire safty hazard to the polyfill to touch the internal parts of the amps as it gets really hot? Is this safe or do I need to block the internal parts of the amp off so the polyfill doesn't touch it?

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Hey cacu,
You may want to get a SPL meter. The bass from the MidQ can be deceiving if you're used to boomy bass. It might be louder than you think. Plus, it could be that because of the shape of your room you have some nulls taking out the frequencies you're looking for. Are there other spots in the room you could try placing the sub?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks