What's new

Polk RTi70/CSi40 --or-- Infinity IL60/IL36c (1 Viewer)

Bob-E

Auditioning
I'm going to go demo these Polk's in the store (RTi70/CSi40) and (RTi100/CSi40), but can't with the Infinity's (IL60/IL36c). Has anyone had experience with these different sets or having any recommendations? Some info on my setup:
- HK AVR520
- HK PA2000 (powering mains)
- SVS 25-21CS w/ custom ports tuned down to 22hz w/ Samson S-700
- Will be used 90% for movies
- Room is about 12'x24'
My other thought is the IL60's and RTi100's have the powered subs. Since I'm running the SVS sub, I will probably have to set the towers as "small" since they won't be able to handle what the SVS does. So would that defeat the purpose of having the larger mains? Maybe go with something smaller like the IL30's or IL40's? :confused:

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Bob, you CAN have powered tower mains AND seperate subs. Just set your main left and right speakers to large. Besides, they will probably sound better on regular 2 channel stereo music listening without the external subs than with them. You can never have too much bass IF IT IS PROPERLY SET UP. I extensively auditioned the Infinity IL50 against the Polk RT1000i powered towers, and IMHO, it's the Interlude hands down. Much better lows and highs, althouth the Polk may have had better midrange. The Infinity will have better drivers, however, the Polks will have better built cabinets. Also, the Interludes will have Infinity's RABOS system to help properly set up and dial in the bass specifically for your room.
I would say listen to them both however, if you can, and form your own opinion.

Bob-E

Auditioning
Mark,

Thanks for your input and sharing your experienc with the Polks and Infinity's. Since my SVS sub will go much lower than the main speakers, I'm worried that if I set them to large, that they will bottom out on a very dynamic movie like LOTR. I guess I could always set them to small and then if I did not want to use the sub for some reason or another, I could switch them to large and I would have good sound then too.

Does anyone know how the Wharfedale compair to these speakers?

Bob

Bob-E

Auditioning
Bump!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks