What's new

Polk LSi-C (1 Viewer)

Stanley Kuan

Auditioning
Building my HT atm and looking towards the LSi-C for my center channel. just wondering whats the pros and cons on it? and any other comparable centers out there with the polk

thx for hte help guys

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Cons - 4 Ohm and relatively low sensitivity, just like the rest of the LSis - so you'll want decent power; fairly expensive MSRP; midrange could be better.

Pros - tweeter is sweet, well built cabinets.

Comparable - the Paradigm CC-470 is cleaner in the midrange, but a little brighter on the highs, IMO.

There are plenty of great internet direct companies though. Check out: Rockets at www.av123.com , CMT-340 at www.ascendacoustics.com , www.axiomaudio.com .

Stanley Kuan

Auditioning
so needing decent power .. would say and reciever putting out say 100w a channel.. then wiring that to a amp saying 6x150w or 3x300w bridge would that help? or are you saying power in a different means?

thx

JonStern

Agent
I would recommend the CSi5 for the center instead of the LSiC. I had the latter in my HT but found that dialog was often hard to understand. The speaker sounded recessed and I would have to crank the center volume 3 or 4db. Note that I had properly calibrated the levels initially using a SPL meter.

When I moved my LSi speakers over into a music-only system (where they sound wonderful, including the LSiC), I got a new HT-only setup consisting of RTi8/CSi5/RTi6 speakers. What a great difference that made for movies! The clarity, definition, and impact were phenomenal. Dialog is clear as a bell through the CSi5.

I guess if you have one system sharing music/HT duties the choice between LSi or RTi is more difficult.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A 100w receiver that was 4 Ohm stable would be OK, but external amps should certainly remove the low impedance issue regardless. *edit* Most average

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I own an LSI-C and I can say there is nothing "recessed" about it's performance. I have them on a stand the below screen aimed directly at me. They 4 ohm impedance could impose problems with some receivers for sure, but their sensetivity is avarage[88db/m/w]and they are not tough to drive like some exotic designs[Maggie comes to mind].Looks like their price had been going up hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks