What's new

Crazy amount of equipment, how do i set it up? (1 Viewer)

TRINADS

Agent
Real Name
Jimmy
ok, so due to recent life events i now have the following grouping of equipment that i want to utilize to its fullest. Help me figure out what i should do.

TV- Mitsubishi 73" DLP WD73727
PS3
2x XBOX 360 Elite
1 XBOX HD DVD player
Toshiba A30 HD DVD player
Wii
Receivers- Denon 4306
Pioneer Elite VSX-82TSX
Mains- LSi 15's
RTi 12's
Centers - LSi C
RTi A
Surrounds- 2x FXi 5's
4x FXi 3's
Subs- Polk PSW10
Velodyne SPL-800

My initial thought was to put the RTi towers in the rear for surrounds, but the couch would be directly in front of them, and i fear would block a significant portion of the sound. So my second thought is to somehow use all four in the front, is that possible or worth a damn? Would it sound like crap? The denon receiver has a 9.1 capability with the B output. I have enough surrounds for that... Or should I bi-amp the front? I have more stuff than I know what to do with. Help me out. What is the best set up for this equipment? Thank you.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
Are you just asking about the speakers or do you need to know how best to hook everything up?
If you want to know how to hook everything up, it would be beneficial to list the different types of inputs/outputs that each piece of equipment has.

As for the speakers, just because you have them, doesn't mean you have to use them.

Use the Lsi15's for front L/R. Use the LsiC for center. Will your room support 7.1? If so, use the FXi3's OR the FXi5's for the sides and two of the FXi3's for rears. If your room will only support 5.1, just use the FXi5's for sides.

Use the Velodyne sub.

Sell the other speakers or put them in another room.

TRINADS

Agent
Real Name
Jimmy
Yeah, I really wanted to know what would be the most optimal and best set up for the equipment at hand. I know I don't have to use all of the speakers, I currently have a 7.1 set up, with only the LSi series speakers connected to the Pio Elite Receiver. The Denon 4806 receiver actually has 9.1 capability. I just didn't know if it's beneficial to have two sets of towers, or towers as surrounds, ect. Or should I bi-amp the LSi's with the receivers? is this even possible? The Denon and Pio Elite have 3 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output in both receivers, and both have pre-amp inputs/outputs. If you had this equipment, how would you utilize it? I also have butt kickers/shakers connected to an old JVC 5.1 digital receiver, that is solely dedicated to driving the butt kickers, which is connected to the LFE input of the main receiver, they are great!!

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
If you're going to use the LSi's I highly suggest you invest in an external amp to power those speakers. They are 4 ohms speakers and most receivers can't power them as they should be. You'll end up blowing something.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
IMO you can use as large a speaker you want for the rear channels - all that will happen is that its low bass capability might be under-utilized (my own personal favorite size for most "typical" living rooms is something equipped with a 6.5" woofer).

To get some perspective on this issue, here is what I believe to be JBL's idea of an optimum home satellite speaker (front, center or rear) for an HT system: PT800 - a $1700, 37lb 3-way design that uses an 8" woofer. It employs a relatively small sealed enclosure, which is very rare these days but which in this case helps it to blend very smoothly with subwoofers at the THX standard of 80Hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks