What's new

Police Story - Special Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I own the IVL/Fortune Star Police Story Boxset (Region 0 NTSC) and I have zero intentions buying this. Only if it's a progressive transfer and slightly better subtitles. To hell with English dubbing.

http://www.loveasianfilm.com/reviews...dvdreview.html

Whatever you do, don't purchase this from yesasia.com as they're quite expensive. If you're interested, buy it from DDDHouse.com. Their service is exceptional. I've watched both I & II although I've yet to get around to watching III: SuperCop.

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm into the OSL on movies as well which is what this version seems to have but it also says its in 5.1 English too.

Thanks for the link to that site its pretty cool.

Ed

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City has it on sale for $12.99 and with a Bes Buy across the street as well I plan on getting this for $12.99 at Best Buy ... ehehe ...

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

Why not? That's where I got my Police Story boxset from, and New Police Story, the DTS 96/24 disc of Phantom of the Opera, the Misery Special Edition, and the Armour of God boxset. All trouble-free transactions.

-Lyle J.P.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Only because they charge more for their products then DDDHouse. DDDHouse has far better deals and speedy service. I also bought the Armour of God boxset AND the Police Story Trilogy from DDDHouse.com. And in less than two weeks both of them arrived. I also got the MGM Region 3 version of the 96m Director's Cut of Army of Darkness from there too.

I also wish more people will go multi-region though and not always rely on Region 1. I'm sticking with NTSC DVD's for now.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
If by "Sync Sound" they mean live sound recording on the set, I'm not sure that's correct. On one of the Wong Kar-Wai DVDs I have--I don't remember exactly which one, but probably it's somewhere in the extras of the Criterion In The Mood for Love--they talk about how Days of Being Wild was the first HK movie with live sound recording. IMDB doesn't say anything about that specifically, but it does list the initial release date for Police Story 3 as being more than a year after Days of Being Wild. Maybe Police Story 3 was the first HK action movie with live sound?

Cassy_w

Second Unit
The IVL boxed set is a travesty. The original tracks are way out of sync. The remixes are terrible. Jackie Chan's films are almost always ruined for DVD because of massive cutting by distributors, or shoddy sound and subtitles by Hong Kong companies.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
This new disc is from the Weinstein Company -- is it a heavily edited cut, or the original version of the film?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The idea of this series is that it should be the intact film with the original language track (and an English dub) with better subtitles. Was the previous dubbed version heavily edited? I remember the comic scene with Jackie handling multiple telephones missing, but I can't remember anything else. Granted it has been a while.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks