What's new
World Wide Stereo

please, need help with reciever (1 Viewer)

slayerized

Grip
Real Name
alex
im trying to hook my dtv reciever direct to my home theater Receiver with a hdmi cable then from my home Receiver out to my tv but i get no pic or sound? am i doing something wrong? my home theater Receiver has 2 in 1 out the other hdmi i have going in is my bluray and that works fine..

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
No real experience yet with HDMI yet, but do you have to assign the input, like you do with optical? Also make sure the dtv receiver is set to output over HDMI?
Good luck!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

The problem is the HDMI ports are probably assignable to different input selections. What's probably happening is when you choose "TV/Cable/Sat" on the receiver, there is no HDMI assigned to it, so it doesn't know it has to get A/V from the HDMI. There has to be a menu that let's you assign "HDMI 1" to "TV/Cable/Sat" (or whatever the input is named.

List the name of your receiver and if the user's manual is online, your'll have your answer in detail.

Ljh815

Auditioning
Real Name
Lincoln
Did you try swapping the cables from the Bluray to Dtv to eliminate a bad cable or input? I have a bad hdmi input on my brand new TV! Good thing I have 3.....

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
It looks like your HDMI inputs are selectable via the remote as "HDMI1" and "HDMI2". You have to push "Input" until the HDMI# that is connected to your cable box is selected. If you still get no picture, then I suspect a cable is faulty. Swap out the HDMI from the Blu-Ray to test. If you get a picture but no audio, you have to assign the audio to the HT system instead of the TV. Do this by the following (pg. 26 in the manual):

chuckg

Supporting Actor
talking throuhg my smelly hat here, but do you need to tell the DTV box to use the HDMI output?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No. My HR20-100 has all audio and video outputs turned on all of the time.

And the usual abbreviation for DirecTV is D*. DTV is the abbreviation for Digital Television. As in OTA HD.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks