What's new

Building a Home Theatre and need help (1 Viewer)

TrufflePig

Grip
Real Name
Lilo
Hey Everyone,

I'm a long time reader, follower, I just do not post much. Been trying to learn over the past year or so.

Its time to start saving and planning for a HT room. I am starting from scratch, re-framing it all, spray foam, electrical etc...

Space: 400 square feet that I am cutting in half - half HT/TV room and half kids toy room/guitar playing area

I want to put a tv on the wall for everyday use and Projector and Screen for movies.

Equipment that I will have (please add if I'm missing something). I've settled on some brands/models but those i don't think are important in helping me lay and plan everything out as I start the construction.

Power Bar
Vinyl Player

PVR

Reciever
Blu Ray/CD Player

Projector - dedicated UPS power source

Questions to start.

How many HDMI cables should I be running from my TV/Projector Wall to my Entertainment Cabinet which will be at the back of the room?

How many Cat 5/6 etc... cables should I be running?

Speaker cables?

Any other cables I may be overlooking right now?

For starters, I'm really after knowing how many cables I should be running so I can calculate what i need to purchase prior to the spray foam being done.

I hope this wasn't too confusing and you guys can give me some good advice as to where to start.

Thank you in advance.

mshepp

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Speaking just about the network cables I would always allow for two extra connections so it's ready should you need it for any additional devices. I would go cat6 so you have the extra bandwidth if you should need it further down the line.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I'll speak only to the projector and player.

Projector..Epson 6030

Player..OPPO 105D

TrufflePig

Grip
Real Name
Lilo
Thanks so far.

I'm really after knowing about the amount of cables I need to run.

Projector - I'm going with Sony

Screen - I haven't decided yet

DVD/Blu Ray - Pioneer
Vinyl - Technics

My worry is that once I close everything up I'll have missed running some wires and then I'm screwed.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
John Sparks said:
That's what you wish you had now, right...or at least what I wish I had. :)
Yep John.....

I'm upgrading my Epson 5010 and my Oppo 103. Time to step up for the new year!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks