What's new

Placement of 2 subs in home theater (1 Viewer)

Bryan_R

Auditioning
Can anyone tell me where subs should be positioned if you have two. My living room is rectangular in shape. Should they both be placed in the front or in the back? Should both subs have the same settings? Any help would be appreciated.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
I have found that the best (easiest) way is to stack them in the corner on the same wall as the main speakers. Get a y-splitter and run them at the same settings.

ChuckRG

Agent
The corners are always the best for most output and almost always NOT the best for the smoothest response.

If you can put them anywhere, I would suggest that you put them where the response is the smoothest (you will need a Radio Shack SPL meter) and then either stack the two or put the second one in the symmetrical position in the room.

The easiest way to find the best spot is to put the sub where you sit and then measure different positions around the room. All rooms are different but in my case that position happended to be along the side wall and in line with the seating position. (YMMV)

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks