What's new

Pictures of Theatres (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I am really interested in seeing pictures of other theatre chains and especially the smaller arthouse theatres that are becoming more and more scarce. I work a 16 auditorium theatre that is stadium which was built in 1998, and our rival (sharks) theatre has 14 built in 1996 or so, 4 of which are stadium and the others are different styles. Downtown, we had a near 100 year old theatre with the most beautiful murial on the ceiling and balconies, etc... which is now a night club. :angry:

Basically, I would love to see the different looks of other theatres, if anyone has any links or suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Ryan

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Thank goodness for companies like Landmark that use these old theaters as arthouse venues...except when they multi-screen them. There are two great books out there that you may want to track down:
Movie Palaces by Ave Pildas or,
Cinema Treasures by Ross Melnick
I assume you are interested in theaters that haven't been converted into other establishments...judging by your remark about the night club!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks