What's new

Oscar Best Picture rule changes require diversity to be eligible (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I would like to see Chicago remade with people who actually can sing and dance without any kind of post-production sleight of hand.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I don't remember what won the Best Picture Oscar a few months ago, I can't believe that anyone remembers what was nominated or won 20 years ago.
What people remember are the really good films. They remember E.T. but Gandhi not so much. They remember Saving Private Ryan, but Shakespeare in Love hardly at all. I suspect they'll remember 1917 a lot longer than Parasite.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The way I'm looking at it, I've already given up on all professional sports (I have followed baseball closely since the mid-60s). And now I might just as well set aside my annual watch of the Academy Awards. The telecasts have already been over-the-top with self-absorption and political commentary anyway. It'll just be that much worse next time.

I don't need it (or the aggravation). And Oscar doesn't need me.

For me, about the only thing worth watching-for in recent years had become: what young starlet was making a big splash on the red carpet. :D And I'm sure there are other ways to find out about those things! :laugh:

Man, I hope those kids don't let their ball roll onto my lawn this afternoon!

2739b0978b5bc5fbc529fcee3e579145.jpg

GettyImages-109685486-1456517757.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks