What's new

PICTURE SETTINGS (1 Viewer)

rheff

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Heffernan
I have an LG OLED 65E6V television connected to a DENON AVR-X2300W cinema amp. My source equipment are a 4K Bein Satellite decoder, HD Humax OSN Satellite decoder and a PANASONIC DMP-UB900 Bluray player. Each piece of equipment is connected using HDMI2 cables. I have the TV connected to the AVR using the ARC HDMI channel.

QUESTIONS - 1. which part of my setup do i use to adjust the picture? and 2. what picture settings should I set the others to?

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
QUESTIONS - 1. which part of my setup do i use to adjust the picture?

You make all of your adjustments on the television - you want it to display as accurately as possible the signal being sent to it by all of your devices. Any adjustments from the devices themselves will more than likely alter the actual picture signal and should be avoided in most cases.

2. what picture settings should I set the others to?

- As noted above - you want to have a device that sends the material from the source, without having any extra "goodies" added if possible. So set anything you can on the device side that effects the picture to the Off position.

It is always recommend that you get your television calibrated if you have a good calibrator and are able to pay for it.

You can start by getting it close by checking recommended picture settings from an online site - like this one:

http://www.tweaktv.com/tweak-my-tv/

These will get you close to a "generic" setting. Each TV is a little different, and if you want to get the absolute best picture, then a calibration is the way to go.

rheff

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Heffernan
QUESTIONS - 1. which part of my setup do i use to adjust the picture?

You make all of your adjustments on the television - you want it to display as accurately as possible the signal being sent to it by all of your devices. Any adjustments from the devices themselves will more than likely alter the actual picture signal and should be avoided in most cases.

2. what picture settings should I set the others to?

- As noted above - you want to have a device that sends the material from the source, without having any extra "goodies" added if possible. So set anything you can on the device side that effects the picture to the Off position.

It is always recommend that you get your television calibrated if you have a good calibrator and are able to pay for it.

You can start by getting it close by checking recommended picture settings from an online site - like this one:

http://www.tweaktv.com/tweak-my-tv/

These will get you close to a "generic" setting. Each TV is a little different, and if you want to get the absolute best picture, then a calibration is the way to go.
thanks so much Martino; every question answered brilliantly and succinctly. cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks