What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Indiana Jones 4-Movie Movie Collection (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
They write that the colour grading from the previous blu-ray edition has been redone, as well as fixing the matte-lines. Those were the main gripes last time round. Looking forward to it!

Dave MJ

Second Unit
Early screenshots are looking very encouraging. The worst issues - color grading, overblown highlights, DNR, seem to be fixed to a large degree. I know we don't want to go down the rabbit hole of screenshots, but this one is pretty compelling and encouraging:

Dave MJ

Second Unit

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tomorrow is street date

I am not really in a hurry for these films. They will probably sit for a few weeks once they arrive until I watch them.

Just surprised that I haven't gotten a final charge from DeepDiscount yet. That means the title isn't going out in advance of street date which most retailers do in order to get it to your door on release day.

Haven't had much experience with this discounter so I hope it doesn't take two weeks to get here.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tomorrow is street date

I am not really in a hurry for these films. They will probably sit for a few weeks once they arrive until I watch them.

Just surprised that I haven't gotten a final charge from DeepDiscount yet. That means the title isn't going out in advance of street date which most retailers do in order to get it to your door on release day.

Haven't had much experience with this discounter so I hope it doesn't take two weeks to get here.
Yup, DD isn't the retailer you order from when you're in a hurry.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yup, DD isn't the retailer you order from when you're in a hurry.

Haha. Learning that. Listen, I got the set for $25 less than what Amazon is still selling it for so I can be patient.

Here is some information I just picked up in the last few seconds while I strayed away from here and looked on Facebook...

hunt.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Haha. Learning that. Listen, I got the set for $25 less than what Amazon is still selling it for so I can be patient.

Here is some information I just picked up in the last few seconds while I strayed away from here and looked on Facebook...

View attachment 99694
Two years ago, I bought the iTunes HD collection for $24.99 in anticipation of a 4K upgrade. I love the first movie, but only lukewarm on the other three movies. If I ever buy the entire box set on 4K disc, it will have to be at more of a discount then currently being offered.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Tomorrow is street date

We're in the same boat, Ron. I usually do not order from DD, either, but did in this case due to the savings. I am in no hurry to get the discs, though, as I have some other recent purchases that I haven't got to yet, as I've had very little time for film watching the past few weeks. Retirement is keeping me too busy. :laugh:

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
The Steelbook release is now showing "Sold Out" on bestbuy.com and the preorder of the regular release that I placed there about 2 weeks ago still hasn't shipped. On a positive note today I did catch a screening of the 40th anniversary release that is in select theaters. It was definitely a different transfer compared to when I last saw it about 2 years ago through a Flashback Cinema screening.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The Steelbook release is now showing "Sold Out" on bestbuy.com and the preorder of the regular release that I placed there about 2 weeks ago still hasn't shipped. On a positive note today I did catch a screening of the 40th anniversary release that is in select theaters. It was definitely a different transfer compared to when I last saw it about 2 years ago through a Flashback Cinema screening.

I think the SB has been OOS for preorders for a bit now. That said, I suspect aft 1am EDT orders will go back live at least fro in-store pickups like pretty much all BBY exclusives do. How many the stores will have is always up in the air -- could be 4-5 per store on 10-15 average. One of the BBY employees who seems to work at a med-large stores says his store in getting around 20.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
My order from Walmart.com is "preparing to ship". Walmart estimates it will arrive on or before July 15.

Mark

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Best Buy Canada and Amazon Canada have quietly changed the release date to June 15, which explains why my Best Buy Steelbooks have not shipped.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
For those that ordered from Deep Discount, FYI, this was posted today on a different forum:

-----

Hope everyone who ordered from DeepDiscount has their Pitchforks of Patience ready; just received this email from them:

"We're sorry to inform you that the item(s) are temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. Back order item(s) are typically filled within 45 days. The item(s) will ship as soon as they become available."

So, there's a confirmation of what we all already knew: most of us aren't getting our sets on time.

-----

Not that I expect my order from Walmart to be any faster.

Mark

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Now that release date has arrived, Amazon is showing the title as temporarily out of stock.

Mark
It is so much worse - I just received this e-mail from Amazon:

Indy-Amazon.jpg

You will see that if I do not respond, Amazon will automatically cancel my order!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks