What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Indiana Jones 4-Movie Movie Collection (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's been quite a while since I've seen The Last Crusade but what does Sallah do that makes him buffoonish? Given that the tone of the movie is way more comedic than the way too dark TOD, I'm sure there's some jokes utilizing him but my memory is that Sallah's a valuable member of the team and not a total goofball like Brody. For what it's worth, I'd say that Indy is also frequently used for laughs in TLC too.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
For me, it’s probably Raiders, Crystal Skull, Last Crusade and then Temple of Doom.

I have spent over 30 years hoping to like Temple of Doom more than I do and it just never happens. It’s far from the worst movie I’ve ever seen but it just doesn’t hold my interest in the way the other three do.
My list would be much the same, but with Skull and Crusade swapped. I was surprised by Crystal Skull, because it had been ruthlessly savaged by everyone. I passed on seeing it in the theater, and only watched it on Netflix after their algorithm told me that based on the ratings I gave some other movies, I would like it. I did.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I really like what they did with Crystal Skull. I like how the passage of time between films was acknowledged and honored, and I loved the way it played like a 50s b-movie in the same way the original trilogy played like 30s serials. I think all of the choices were right for doing Indy in the 1950s. The big action beats are great to me (I love the nuke the fridge thing) and the character moments are great. It’s a movie I’m happy to revisit. And because it wasn’t around for much of my childhood like the other ones were, I don’t have it memorized from start to finish which adds to the fun for me.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Nah, I love it - you guys are just gonna have to deal with that :D

More power to you Josh, but CS is in a very distant 4th place for me as far as Indy movies go. The best thing about the film was seeing Karen Allen back as Marion. The rest of it was just a slog IMO, and I won't even get into the crappy CGI sequences or Shia Labeouf vine-swinging with monkeys while Tarzan-yodelling. Ugh.

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a fan of all the films in the series and the tv series. My problem with Crystal Skull was green screen. Imagine how the out door scenes in Raiders would have looked with green screen. Anyway, I had also wished they would have brought back ShortRound from TOD as a student working on his Archeology degree instead of Mutt.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I like the concept of 'Skull and the 50's B movie aspects. However, it was the execution I had issues with and it felt like Ford's performance was mailed-in to me. With all of that said, I will revisit the movie on UHD BD.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Pre-order placed via the above link!

Mark
Ron,

Sorry to report that I cancelled my Amazon order. I was recently given $125 in Walmart gift cards. Since I prefer to avoid going into a Walmart, the best option was to redeem them online. The Indiana Jones set seemed a logical way to eat up the majority of that $125 in one fell swoop. So, order placed via Walmart.com.

After tax I still have $31 left on one of the gift cards. Not sure what I'll use it on, but it won't be used inside a Walmart store.

Mark

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron,

Sorry to report that I cancelled my Amazon order. I was recently given $125 in Walmart gift cards. Since I prefer to avoid going into a Walmart, the best option was to redeem them online. The Indiana Jones set seemed a logical way to eat up the majority of that $125 in one fell swoop. So, order placed via Walmart.com.

After tax I still have $31 left on one of the gift cards. Not sure what I'll use it on, but it won't be used inside a Walmart store.

Mark

Mark,

Quite okay. I completely understand. That is a great way to spend the Walmart Gift Card. I would have done the same.

And, really, I appreciate that you keep us in mind when placing your orders and use the preorder links. If our members can do it and help support the forum in the process, it is very much appreciated. However, there are great circumstances like these when Gift Cards and other vendor discounts are more important. I ended up buying this set from DeepDiscount and we don't get any kind of kickback from them.

Thanks for the post, Mark!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Shia Lebouf ruined the last film for me. I not only thought his character was completely unnecessary, and unwelcome, but also unlikeable. I just can't include that film in my rotation.

and one of the dumbest contrivances was him referring to Marion as “Mary” so Indy wouldn’t make any connection until the later reveal

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I like them in order of release. For many years, maybe I still do, I considered Raiders my favorite movie. In 2006 I saw the trilogy on 35mm film at the Ziegfeld (RIP) and while Raiders played well, as it always does, my friends and I were amazed at how great Temple of Doom was. It really clicked with all of us that day, and I've always enjoyed it. The two-hour running time flew by. Last Crusade is a film that I have problems with when I stop and think about it, but while watching it, I love it. And as much as I love Bond, TLC is the movie I watched when I learned Sean Connery had died.

I remember going to that. Saw raiders and temple, didn’t stay for Crusade since I had already seen that in a theater.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks to this thread, I decided to watch Raiders last night and had a blast. It really is as close to a perfect film as one can get.

Thinking about pairing Temple of Doom with Gunga Din soon.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m not 4K equipped for my projector and physical media playback and have made the decision that I will be upgrading only when the current equipment fails, so I don’t think I’ll be jumping on board anytime soon. I’m happy to buy 4K discs to futureproof myself when they come with remastered BDs but that’s as far as I’ve gotten so far.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
As we move into June, closer to the release date, I am surprised Amazon has not dropped the price on the 4k set.

I posted myself a reminder in another week or so to look at the price again and decide whether I want to keep the DeepDiscount preorder (which was about $65) or opt for a close price match on Amazon (who I would rather order from). Thus far, it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Amazon's initial price was $79.99. Now it's $86.99. That's the price I ended up preordering at Walmart.com too.

I don't think we'll see it drop below $80 until after it has been released for a few weeks.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks