What's new

Peacock Peacock - NBC/Universal Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Success!!! Thanks, Patrick . I don't know if this had anything to do with it but I started on another streaming channel and watched on the TV and then switched to Peacock and Peacock was on the TV.
Watch a few minutes of 'The Lady Eve". Looked good. I did notice that Peacock sometimes gives you the option to watch ads before the movie and then watch the movie without interruptions. Not sure if this is random . Just like going to a movie theater.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Success!!! Thanks, Patrick . I don't know if this had anything to do with it but I started on another streaming channel and watched on the TV and then switched to Peacock and Peacock was on the TV.
Watch a few minutes of 'The Lady Eve". Looked good. I did notice that Peacock sometimes gives you the option to watch ads before the movie and then watch the movie without interruptions. Not sure if this is random . Just like going to a movie theater.

Sweet!

mark-edk

Second Unit
Installed Peacock on my Appletv in hopes I could sign in using my xfinity login and not have to use the clunky x1 interface. It didn’t recognize me. So I’m stuck using Xfinity for my ‘free’ premium sub.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Installed Peacock on my Appletv in hopes I could sign in using my xfinity login and not have to use the clunky x1 interface. It didn’t recognize me. So I’m stuck using Xfinity for my ‘free’ premium sub.
Create a new Peacock account on your Apple TV (it probably will work from your personal computer or phone browser, too). Then login via your browser, go to your account, and link your Xfinity account to the Peacock account. You should now have a free premium account that is accessible on your Apple TV device.

The above worked for me.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I downloaded the app onto my iPad last night. I use Xfinity (Comcast) for my internet only. Here's what I have found:

The "free upgrade" for Xfinity customers appears to be if you have the Flex cable box (or, I'm guessing, some sort of TV package with them).

Apple+ asked me to "connect" to watch it through their service.

I also got the three minutes of commercials prior to the movie, then it played uninterrupted.

Yes, I am pretty sure the "xx days to watch" lets you know the title will be leaving. JP now shows 15 days to watch.

I LOVE some of the offerings! A HUGE selection of Hitchcock movies, The Munsters, several Columbo episodes that after the original "classic" seven seasons. And yes, some seasons are incomplete or just the most recent ones (Will & Grace only offers the last season of the reboot, for example).

It is set up very much like Pluto: both streaming "stations" and on demand TV/movies. Saturday Night Live has limited on demand available, but there's a 24 hour "binge watching" channel the appears to offer more episodes.

I very well may drop my basic Hulu for this at some point.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I am loving the quality of the Paramount 1940's movies that I have seen though I have only watched "The Lady Eve" and "To Each His Own" so far. I will next check out the Dracula, Frankenstein etc films and the Marx Brothers and Bob Hope films that are available .

The Carol Burnett shows are the same 22 minute syndicated versions available elsewhere. Tonight Show with Johnny Carson has the "Tonight Show" name removed as the distributor does not have the rights to the name though of course Peacock/NBC/Comcast does.

It would be nice if any NBC shows from the 1960's included the NBC Peacock at the beginning.
I wonder if they will get any of the NBC Letterman shows or Tom Snyder "Tomorrow " shows. Not sure who owns them.

Maybe they will get the Mary Martin "Peter Pan" during the holidays.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am loving the quality of the Paramount 1940's movies that I have seen though I have only watched "The Lady Eve" and "To Each His Own" so far. I will next check out the Dracula, Frankenstein etc films and the Marx Brothers and Bob Hope films that are available .

I'm kind of dying to see THE LADY EVE. Never saw it before. Heard it's very good.

I will buy it through Criterion but want to do it through THEIR next sale -- not B&N as I have coupons to burn.

Maybe I will sign up for the free trial, watch that movie, and call it a day

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I signed up for a free trial just yesterday and I've already gotten my 4th e-mail. UNSUBSCRIBE!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I signed up for a free trial just yesterday and I've already gotten my 4th e-mail. UNSUBSCRIBE!

Oh, it's crazy. I have gotten about four promotional emails already too and all I did was create an account without subscribing.

I also have been busy unsubscribing from anything that they have been sending me

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
97EF1F0A-6313-4A93-8146-2E5FE2CF2342.jpeg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Pretty much all of the services that are related to commercial networks say that, but I’ve yet to see it play out that way. I have ad-free Hulu and they show that disclaimer that some things are exempt, but it’s never played a commercial. It’s even said on specific shows as a disclaimer at the beginning of the episode that it’s exempt from the ad free thing and still no ads. It’s probably more about lawyers covering their butts than anything else.

mark-edk

Second Unit
Create a new Peacock account on your Apple TV (it probably will work from your personal computer or phone browser, too). Then login via your browser, go to your account, and link your Xfinity account to the Peacock account. You should now have a free premium account that is accessible on your Apple TV device.

The above worked for me.
Thank you I shall give that a try!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Interesting observation. I watched the first episode of The Munsters today on the free ad-supported version. There were three minutes of ads at the beginning of the show, but nothing during the show! I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be that way but I’m sure not complaining!

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Interesting observation. I watched the first episode of The Munsters today on the free ad-supported version. There were three minutes of ads at the beginning of the show, but nothing during the show! I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be that way but I’m sure not complaining!

I have only watched two films. I watched Jurassic Park immediately after loading the app to my ATV4K, and signing up for the free tier. Zero commercials.

Then I became aware that I could link to my Comcast service and get a free bump to the Premium tier. Watched Shrek. Zero commercials.

Not much of a sample size, but I was pleasantly surprised. Picture and sound quality were very good.

Just spit balling, but I don’t think its a stretch to theorize that they may be dialing back the commercials for the launch just to get good buzz.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The SNL channel is currently running the 40th anniversary show (so many great memories!) and there hasn’t been a commercial in an hour!

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I watched the first episode of The Munsters today on the free ad-supported version. There were three minutes of ads at the beginning of the show, but nothing during the show!
I watched Jurassic Park immediately after loading the app to my ATV4K, and signing up for the free tier. Zero commercials.
The SNL channel is currently running the 40th anniversary show (so many great memories!) and there hasn’t been a commercial in an hour!

Everything I've watched so far has begun with the following...

48FCB37E-C06D-422F-9210-C9950C37E9A4.jpeg CCF2812C-FDCF-4765-AB44-D035487C7925.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks