Peacock Peacock - NBC/Universal Streaming Service (Official Thread)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Gary, that's an excellent article. Thank You.

I think, moving forward, I am going to pay a single month for a service and binge-watch what I want and then leave.

The biggest mistake I made was paying for 3 years of Disney+ a channel I never watch outside of The Mandalorian.

My Apple TV+ free year will end within the next few months. There is very little new programming and I suspect there won't be for the next year.

The only service I will continue to pay around $20 a month is Netflix. I am addicted to that streaming service and continue to bing-watch some really great original series including Hell on Wheels and Orange Is The New Black.

I am not here to shat all over Peacock. It's great that they are offering a free-tier and I suppose some here will find its $5 a month subscription worth it.

We all have to make decisions as to how many services we are willing to pay for each month. I think if you rotate them around by paying for a month and then going on to something else, you can do very well in this subscription-based entertainment world.

Cranston37

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Best wishes
We all have to make decisions as to how many services we are willing to pay for each month. I think if you rotate them around by paying for a month and then going on to something else, you can do very well in this subscription-based entertainment world.
And this is very easy to do if you do it through the subscription section of your Apple TV or iOS device, rather than each service's app.

I actually cancel the month of a service the second I sign up for it (because you can continue watching until the month ends), as I've already done with the trial if Peacock.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
And this is very easy to do if you do it through the subscription section of your Apple TV or iOS device, rather than each service's app.

I actually cancel the month of a service the second I sign up for it (because you can continue watching until the month ends), as I've already done with the trial if Peacock.
That's a great idea!

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I'll be watching the following movies in the next seven days. I might not get to all of them, but I should be able to watch several of them.

• True Confession (1937)
  • The Great Imposter (1960)
  • The Chalk Garden (1964)
  • Untamed Frontier (1952)
  • Cimarron Kid (1951)
  • Destry (1955)
  • Tumbleweed (1953)
  • The Shepherd of the Hills (1941)
  • Beau Geste (1966)
  • Morocco (1930)
  • Desire (1936)
  • The Spoilers (1956)
  • The Texas Rangers (1936)
  • Streets of Laredo (1949)
A Happy to see Tammy and the Bachelor
Tammy Tell Me True
Tammy and the Doctor
Midnight Lace
The Thrill of it All
Arabesque
Written on the Wind
To Each His Own

The Great Imposter is not in it's original aspect ratio/

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
A Happy to see Tammy and the Bachelor
Tammy Tell Me True
Tammy and the Doctor
Midnight Lace
The Thrill of it All
Arabesque
Written on the Wind
To Each His Own

The Great Imposter is not in it's original aspect ratio/
That's unfortunate as I didn't sample each movie I named. This will only be a second rate streaming option until they up their game PQ-wise.

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
The PQ of titles I've sample looks very good. Chalk Garden, To Each His Own ( one of Olivia de Havilland's Oscar wins that has yet to be released anywhere to my knowledge). The Great Imposter looks excellent except the aspect ratio.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
The PQ of titles I've sample looks very good. Chalk Garden, To Each His Own ( one of Olivia de Havilland's Oscar wins that has yet to be released anywhere to my knowledge). The Great Imposter looks excellent except the aspect ratio.
When I talk about PQ, it includes the proper aspect ratio! It includes having 4K and Atmos.

Edit: I forgot to add "To Each His Own" to my watch list so thanks for reminding me.

Reactions: Ken Koc

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I don't see Peacock TV listed under Apple TV channels yet. I get Apple TV through a Samsung Smart TV. Is there another place it is listed on Apple TV? I also don't see a way to stream to my TV using Air play like I can do with other services like HBO GO. The icon that allows you to choose your TV doesn't seem to be on Peacock TV.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Gary,

I am going to be cautious saying this to you as it's speculation.

If you have an Apple TV app on your Samsung TV then it's just an app. You can only watch APPLE TV through it and I don't think it's a portal for you to add other channels. I am only speculating as I have an actual Apple TV and I can't imagine the app works the same way.

This is what I was able to Google and find out:

Peacock for Samsung Smart TV is available, however only on select Samsung 2018, 2019, & 2020 Smart TV’s that support AirPlay 2. They currently don’t have a native Samsung Smart TV App.

Here are instructions on how to download and use Airplay if you are able to do so

Perhaps there is another way to do it and I'll yield to the HTF member that has the magic answer

Cranston37

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Best wishes
If you have an Apple TV app on your Samsung TV then it's just an app. You can only watch APPLE TV through it and I don't think it's a portal for you to add other channels. I am only speculating as I have an actual Apple TV and I can't imagine the app works the same way.
It does still have the Channels feature in it

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It does still have the Channels feature in it
Interesting. So if that is the case, the channel should be found in the Apple App Store on Apple TV.

Just very surprised that Apple or anyone would allow this through an app. However, that's good news if true.

Cranston37

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Best wishes
Interesting. So if that is the case, the channel should be found in the Apple App Store on Apple TV.

Just very surprised that Apple or anyone would allow this through an app. However, that's good news if true
To be clear though, the App Store is not available on the Apple TV app, it's the Channels feature that is. That's where Gary is trying to find it.

If you look at this video demonstrating it you can see the Channels at the 50 sec mark...

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Thank you all for responding. I guess for now I will not be be able to get Peacock on my TV. Air Play does not appear available on the Peacock app though it is mentioned as available per the instructions Ron posted. I know Air Play is set up properly on my TV and Iphone as I can stream HBOMAX and TCM from my Iphone to my TV but not Peacock. Perhaps this will be corrected in a update of the app. Only the first day. If anyone has been successful streaming Peacock from their phone Via Air Play please let me know and perhaps then I will figure out what i am doing wrong, if anything.

Last edited:

Cranston37

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Best wishes
Thank you all for responding. I guess for now I will not be be able to get Peacock on my TV. Air Play does not appear available on the Peacock app though it is mentioned as available per the instructions Ron posted. I know Air Play is set up properly on my TV and Iphone as I can stream HBOMAX and TCM from my Iphone to my TV but not Peacock. Perhaps this will be corrected in a update of the app. Only the first day. If anyone has been successful streaming Peacock from their phone Via Air Play please let me know and perhaps then I will figure out what i am doing wrong, if anything.
Gary,

When I AirPlay I don't do it through the app, I do it through my iPhone's control center. Have you tried that?

E3366A07-27F2-44EC-B331-63CFB47236A7.jpeg

Reactions: Garysb

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Gary,

When I AirPlay I don't do it through the app, I do it through my iPhone's control center. Have you tried that?

View attachment 75523
That was a great idea and at first it appeared it was going to work but when I clicked on my TV icon in Air Play from the control center when playing Peacock, I got an error message that it wasn't able to connect. I will try again later. I appreciate all the help I have been given . It appears you were able to get it to work as per your screen shot you were watching "Brave New World" which is a Peacock show. Thanks, again .

Reactions: Cranston37

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
*Please note: due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads (Peacock channels, events and a limited number of shows and movies).
So even if your pay $10 a month for premium+, they will still have commercial.
Pass

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smwe16