Peacock Peacock - NBC/Universal Streaming Service - Official Thread

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
To bad that sale price ends today. I'd rather see what is not included for free before paying.

Even 5 minutes of ads per hour is too much IMO. Well, maybe not, depends on how they are spaced. My biggest pet peeve with ads is the constant breaks, I don't like my shows being interrupted. So, if it is 5 1-minute long breaks, that's going to really annoy me. I'd rather have a couple minutes right up front and only 1 more interruption for the other few minutes. I'm probably in the minority with this thinking though, most people probably prefer shorter breaks even if there are more of them. It just constantly ruins the flow of the show or movie I'm watching and is why I watch so little content that has ads.

Other non ad services has spoiled me. If the content is good, maybe I'll consider the no ads sub, like I did for Hulu. IDK, just have to see, almost all the big movies they mention I already own anyway.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I downloaded it and created a free account. I’m actually pretty impressed with the content, quite a bit that interest me and of course, many of them require a premium membership. This is more like what I was hoping for from HBO Max but, with WB content. Plus, Peacock’s most expensive plan is still $5 cheaper than HBO so there is a better chance NBC will earn my money.

Looks like it supports 5.1 on Apple TV, so it’s got Hulu beat there but, I don’t see any 4K or Atmos, so it loses to Disney+ on that end. The app doesn’t appear to support multiple profiles either. I hope that, and 4K, are in the works.

I started a handful of things just to play around a bit. Now, in the continue watching section, both The Matrix and Jurassic Park have an icon with a little clock that reads 16 days. I wonder if these movies are leaving the service or do I only have 16 days to watch? Not that it matters for those 2 movies because I own them already.

Looks like both premium plans offer a 7 day trial. Do you think you can do the trial for both plans and get 2 weeks free?

Ken Koc

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ken Koc
Are there any films titles in 4K.....now here does not mention the detail of how a film is being shown the Disney+. I looked at SPARTACUS and it sounds spectacular. Will it be in 4K?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I installed Peacock on my Apple TV early this morning.

Created an account. Have no interest in paying for this service. I will stick with the free-tier.

Was very disappointed to find that only a few seasons of Saturday Night Live are available -- even to subscribers. The stuff I was interested in seeing was 1984 -1992 and even a bit beyond that.

Other than that, nothing immediately caught my eye that I wanted to watch. I might come back just for the NBC news channel.

Reactions: Tino

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
I'll be watching the following movies in the next seven days. I might not get to all of them, but I should be able to watch several of them.

• True Confession (1937)
  • The Great Imposter (1960)
  • The Chalk Garden (1964)
  • Untamed Frontier (1952)
  • Cimarron Kid (1951)
  • Destry (1955)
  • Tumbleweed (1953)
  • The Shepherd of the Hills (1941)
  • Beau Geste (1966)
  • Morocco (1930)
  • Desire (1936)
  • The Spoilers (1956)
  • The Texas Rangers (1936)
  • Streets of Laredo (1949)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Any 4K content available or coming?
None that I see, have no idea about what’s coming.

I just don’t understand why these new service have failed so miserably at supporting 4K, HDR/DV and Dolby Atmos. Disney was the only one that got this part right. I guess they set the bar so high that the others just gave up.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metlerdavid