What's new

PC/XBOX/PS2 game like Diablo? (1 Viewer)

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Hi group,

I still have never found a game like Diablo that I liked so much. It gave my friends and I hours of fun online co-op play. I have been out of the gaming scenes for a while. Can anyone tell me if there are any newer games similar to Diablo that would be good to try?

I have both XBOX and PS2, so those are options, too, but I do understand that the PC is really the only way to go for online play for these games, at least for now. I did play Baluder's Gate on the PS2 and really enjoyed that.

Aaron

DwightK

Second Unit
It's my understanding that BG: DA has fun coop play and looks somewhat like Diablo. I intend on getting it today for the coop reason.

I also would like a list of coop games for the consoles. I have Halo but the first person view is a no go with some, MechAssault is fun coop in both grinder and on line, ummm... that's all I have. No PS2 or GC games that I own.

Suggestions?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Isn't phantasy star online similar to Diablo? iuno ive never seen diablo in action... But thats what i hear...

Too bad its only on DC and going to Gamecube

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Dwight... Baldur's Gate is as close to Diablo 2 as you're going to get. I played D2 for a very, very long time, and I loved it.

I played through Baldur's Gate on the PS2 last year, and that was very enjoyable as well. I would assume the Xbox version is even better with 5.1

Tom

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator
Hunter the Gathering is first rate, IMO, and can be had on the cheap. Be sure to get the XBOX version, as I think that was the original system (don't know if the others have "port issues").
I also really enjoyed BG:DA and am hoping for a sequel or another game in the same vein.
Ian

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is fantastic and a lot like the Diablo games. I played the PS2 version for about 16 hours straight and could've played more.

I plan to play Hunter: The Reckoning very soon, but hear that it is also like the Diablo games.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
If you're looking for something more role-playing than role-playing arcade, Neverwinter Nights for the PC might also fit the bill!

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
A little game called Divine Divinity (PC) has been getting good word-of-mouth and is apparently very similar to Diablo in gameplay. If I had more time to play on my computer I'd pick it up myself.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
There was a game out a few years ago called Darkstone (PC and PSX) that wasn't a bad Diablo style game. For 5 or 10 bucks it could be a fun romp.

Glen

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
For PC I enjoyed Dungeon Siege earlier this year quite a bit. It's even more RPG lite than Diablo, but it has an amazing engine and is really fun for awhile. They create an entirely different world designed for multiplayer as well as the single player world (and another was released on magazine CD's, don't know if you can download it though).

It's gotten pretty cheap already too.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I'll second Divine Divinity, from word of mouth I hear it is very similar to Diablo 2 with some new features.

Haven't played either myself, just passing what I hear...

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info, everyone. I started reading up on Divine Divinity, and was so excited that this was the game for me. And then I read that there is no multi-player option. I just can't believe that. Doesn't make sense....

I guess I'm going to give Dungeon Siege a try since its on sale this week for $14.99.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks