What's new

PB2-Ultra (1 Viewer)

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Well two Ultra drivers cost $600 more than two Plus drivers. I would assume the amp panel costs more because of the EQ function. So in real terms the Ultra is ~$400 more.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Allen from your prior posts the last few weeks I think you have been bitten pretty hard by the upgrade bug.;) I am not being sarcastic just factual as I see it. I always have a little touch of it myself.

In answer to your question> It can and will make sense to the users who value the looks, EQ and extra db or two it has to offer.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
In addition to the $600-$700 premium for the Ultra drivers and the more expensive PEQ amp, the furniture grade cabinet and hand finish process really adds up on the labor end of things. A PB2-Ultra will have you stealing a look every time you walk into the HT/music room. :)

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

The $1000 more makes sense when you consider the everything that's been mentioned like the parametric eq, two much more advanced drivers, and your choice of five finishes. IMO, the PB2 Ultra is for people looking to reach get thate nth degree of performance.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The PB2-PLUS and the B4-PLUS has the dB 12 driver and the Ultra has the TV 12 Ultra upgrade driver. Here is the link.

Link Removed

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I love my PB2+ but am wondering about the Ultra... Anyone in the Portland, OR area wanting a PB2 thats a couple months old? I really am thinking about getting that ultra if I could come up with a local buyer.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
whats the point of the PB1-Plus when there's PB2-Plus for like the same price?

they plannin to make a sub with 4 TV-12's in it?

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Yes, the B4 Ultra is being planned. Four Ultra drivers :D

I find my single 20-39 PC Plus more than adequate. p I would say keep your PB2 Plus, don't upgrade unless you REALLY need to- either if you're reaching the limits of your current sub, it's chuffing or parping away etc. Why not not another PB2 Plus and setup stereo sub/dual LFE system?

Leave it 10 years, then change over. I see no reason on getting the slightly higher model every six months; unless you're well off.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

I really don't think the PB2-ISD ($900) and the PB2+ ($1200) will steal sales away - the demographic looking at the PB1+ simply has different needs/priorities and I think this model addresses them beautifully.

PB1+ buyers will place an equal priority on furniture grade wood finish and brilliant performance. Yes, the PB2 models will offer more sheer output, but some buyers may not need the extra 3-5 dB, and will be perfectly satisfied with the still very potent performance from the PB1+. After all, don't forget it's still packing a dB-12 woofer, 500+ watts of BASH power, and triple 3" flared ports.

The PB1+ will be a very solid blend of technology, craftsmanship, sound quality, and performance and it rounds out SVS' line-up very nicely.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The PB1+ will be a very solid blend of technology, craftsmanship, sound quality, and performance and it rounds out SVS' line-up very nicely.
__________________________________________________ ______

Couldn't agree with you more Ed. All SVS' offerings just cry out to be available in the cylinder or the box enclosure option.

MikeLi> I just had a big accident all over our den. Can you say Sherwood? Yip! We are neighbors. (sorry about that;).. I guess you know where I'm going to go demo the Rockets out! Sheez! That really floors me considering our past few days PM communications. Don't tell me you live in our neighborhood now because come to think of it, I know a MikeLi that lives less than a block away.:emoji_thumbsup:

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
The Ultra drivers are *that* much more expensive than the already excellent Plus drivers? Ouch.
A B4-Ultra is really going to cost.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

You can check out the Link Removed to see the prices if you have to replace a woofer yourself. The TV-12 is just over $300 more than the dB-12.

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi There,

the PB-1+ really addressed my needs. Since I saw the pre-announcement, I was won over for it.
Since May this year I was in contact with SVS and after some decision taking, was waiting for a single PC-Ultra to become ready.
Then I thought again and sold my previous sub to have the ability to place 2 x PB-1+ 'ses.
This will give me an equal sounding Sub on both sides of the listening place.

The only drawback (to me) is the changed spec in terms of box size. The PB-1+ was originally planned to be not that high and a little smaller too. Now, the box was increased by two inches and is one in. wider.
The width is no problem, however, the height is. My wife will certainly scream a while as the box is now higher than the armrests of the couch, therefor no longer "invisible" while sitting in the living room.

Maybe I have to invest in a couple of shoes to get around the upcoming arguments :)

Axel

ScottCarr

Second Unit
The question is is the PB Ultra worth the $1000. in my eyes yes here is why:

Slightly bigger amp
2 of their best drivers
high quality veneer stained in one of 5 colors

So why is it that much more?

The difference between the CS+ and the CSUltra is $300. This is assuming the major difference is the driver itself.
So the PB2+ is $1200 and the Ultra is $2300. So immediately $600 more for the drivers. The the cost of the veneer, labor for applying the veneer, stain, cost of applying the stain, extra handling in this process could easily account for the extra $500. Not to mention the larger amp.

I have yet to decide what my next move is
Currently I have 2 PB2+ but I am thinking of moving beack to cylinders PCUltras or 1 PB2Ultra because of the furniture like finish.

Still the price for SVS subs may seem like they are going up but comparing other brands and the performance of my past SVS subs it is still a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks