What's new

Passive subwoofer connection (1 Viewer)

Lile Woodell

Auditioning
If I feed the subwoofer output signal of my HT receiver(H/K AVR125) to an amplifier(H/K PA2000) which would drive a passive sub, will a crossover be necessary and/or advantageous?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That depends on whether or not your receiver has an adjustable crossover for the subwoofer output. If it does, use the crossover in the receiver to adjust it to smooth out the bass (to prevent humps or dips at the crossover region between the subwoofer and the main speakers).

Lile Woodell

Auditioning
Thanks Patrick.

Alternatively, does anyone see a problem with the following scenario?:

I want to run the sub output(LFE - 100Hz low pass) of my HT receiver to an older stereo receiver(100W x 2), which would become my subwoofer amp. I'd simply split the LFE output signal into the R/L CD input (for example) of the stereo receiver, then connect each output channel to a coil on a 12" DVC subwoofer. I am assuming there would be no phase issues with the signal from the stereo receiver, since the LFE input signal would not be stereo.

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
I would think that you receivers bass management would do the trick. I have the same type of configuration, just different equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks