What's new

Paramount catalog titles in '04 (1 Viewer)

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
Patrick wrote:
Perhaps Paramount could include the silent Ten Commandments with the remake. That would be a fine special edition.
Indeed it would -- that would make for an outstanding release. :emoji_thumbsup: I hope Paramount pursues that possibility, in keeping with the fine work Universal did with their UE of Meet Joe Black (which also contains Death Takes a Holiday), that same studio's The Truth About Charlie release (offering Charade as well), WB's (2D :frowning:) release of House of Wax (which also presents Mystery of the Wax Museum), and others that aren't jumping to mind at the moment, including many laserdisc releases.

Originals and their remakes always get a very big vote of approval from me when presented in the same release.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
For my tastes, not a very lively lineup.

Whatever happened to Foul Play?

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
The Tin Star and President's Analyst look good to me (assuming they do a good job with the dvd's). I probably won't buy it but I have to admit I used to like Rustler's Rhapsody when I was a kid :)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
There's good stuff in there. And this is only the first half of the year. I look forward to eventual announcements of NAKED PREY, NAKED JUNGLE, PHASE IV, THE AFRICAN QUEEN, ACE IN THE HOLE, TESTAMENT, REDS, MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK, PAPA'S DELICATE CONDITION, THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD, SOUNDER (I believe Paramount owns this now), etc. These will come. Paramount has to conserve some of their catalog for the future!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Posse
Cool! Underrated comedy-Western directed by and Kirk Douglas.

The Tin Star
Tony Mann's extraordinary Western has been requested for a long time by many fans. Henry Fonda is excellent, as is Tony Perkins.

The Day Of The Locust
Vintage Seventies' Showbiz drama. Karen Black's performance is amazing.

The Presdient's Analyst
Finally! Yes! I wonder if it will be the original soundtrack version with the Barry McGuire songs and the scene where Coburn meets Joan Delaney at the cinema and his nightmare scene has been missing from recent versions.

Pretty good stuff. Pity that Lindsay Anderson's, If.... is not on the schedule, though.

Gordy

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
The Conformist was recently restored. There's a Japanese DVD edition that has a great transfer, but it has no English subtitles.

The African Queen, Ace in the Hole, Reds et al, will most surely be coming in 2004. I don't think this list is the complete list for January-June. 31 titles over 6 months? 1.19 titles per week? I'm sure there will be much, much more than that! :D

I'm dying for Ace In The Hole. Awesome movie.

Gordy

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I'm glad to see RAGTIME make the cut. I hope Lil ABNER someday will too. :D

Alistair_M

Second Unit
Another guilty-pleasure crossed off my wants list .

The Greatest Show on Earth!

bring on Buttons the clown...:)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Ace In The Hole would make up for several months of lackluster releases.
i hope you're right.

Foul Play another title i would love to have.
it was mentioned by Mr Blythe way back in '02 as a possible candidate for SE content along with If and Murder On The Orient Express.
haven't heard anything since (although i believe Martin mentioned that Murder will be coming soon over in the feedback forum , iirc)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
The only one I'm interested in is Summer School.

Wasn't D.A.R.Y.L. supposed to be coming soon from Paramount? I'd like to add that one to my collection.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Definitely pick up the Ten Commandments SE. Any hope of a nice 3 Disc set with great packaging?

Any word on whether A Smile Like Yours will be in widescreen. I know, it's not the greatest film in the world, but my wife and I watched it while we were trying to have a baby, so it's kind of a sentimental pick.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Wow...

Ragtime
Day of the Locust
Fat Man and Little Boy

I'll even admit that I We're No Angels is a guilty pleasure of mine (nice cinematography and fun performances by Penn and DeNiro).

Very cool!

Foul Play and The African Queen are both titles that would be far better than anything on this list.
Hmmm...well. I'm not sure I would agree that Foul Play is a better film than Day of the Locust or Ragtime, but I do agree its overdue to get released on DVD. Perhaps there are issues with the music rights. Is Barry Manilow holding out for megabucks to have "Ready to Take a Chance Again" included? ;)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Well, Greatest Show on Earth and The President's Analyst are certainly welcome surprises. I didn't expect these anytime soon. Hopefully President's Analyst will be uncut, but knowing Paramount that's a bet I don't think I'll make. And another vote for The Ten Commandments if it includes the silent version; otherwise I'll pass.

But still no African Queen, no Four Flies on Grey Velvet, no Danger: Diabolik???? :angry:

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
While I'll wait for an official annoucement before getting too excited, "Summer School" is something to look forward to.

However I'll have to echo other posters here, where's "Brain Donors" and "Student Bodies"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks