What's new

Paradigm Titans/PDR-10 Crossover. (1 Viewer)

Chris.M

Auditioning
Hey guys,

You guys have more experience than this than I do. What should I have it set to? I'm not sure how low the Titans go, and I'd like it to smoothly crossover onto the sub. I have it set at ~100 on the sub, and 100 on my Onkyo reciever.

Thoughts?

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
You've got double crossovers. Turn your crossover on the sub all the way up. A crossover is a gradual slope not a brick wall so whatever your receiver is sending to the sub above 100Hz is getting filtered again by the sub's filter.

Have you tried crossing over at 80Hz?

Chris.M

Auditioning
I have the crossover set to teh max on teh PDR10, and then at 100 on the reciever. I'll give 80 a try.

Chris.M

Auditioning
Can't hear much of a diff. How low do those titans go? I'm thinking I was just going to leave the whole upper range to the Titans, and let anything below 120 go to the sub.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've used the Titans with both 100 and 80Hz x-overs and found that they worked well with 100Hz because they like to be crossed a bit higher.

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
I have the old Titans. Not much dif between 80 and 100. Listen for vocal clarity in the presence of strong bass, and then decide which is best for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks