What's new

Paradigm Active 20's question (1 Viewer)

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
I will be going to a 6.1/7.1 setup shortly and was thinking about getting the Paradigm Active 20's for my fronts. This would enable me to use the two extra channels of amplification in my Outlaw 750 for the center surround speakers. This seems like a good alternative to purchasing a separate 2 channel amp for center surrounds. I currently have Paradigm Ref 20's in front and for my side surrounds along with the Paradigm Studio CC. Thanks for any input on this alternative.
------------------

Ron Alcasid

Stunt Coordinator
Personally, I'd go straight for the 40's. They don't cost too much more but the bass resposnse is a lot deeper. Regardless, you can't go wrong with the Active 20's. Considering each speaker is biamplifeid and uses electronic crossovers, I think the Paradigm Actives are a fantastic deal.

Randy G

Second Unit
The 20s are most excellent speakers. The only reason I never bought them was because I also wanted a single 20 for the center channel, but they don't make one that's shielded. There are rumors afloat that Paradigm may be discontinuing the active series due to poor sales, but so far, I think its just a rumor.
I clue ya in on one interesting tidbit, though..... Tom Nousaine uses them for himself, and has nothing but raves.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks