What's new

Ozzie & Harriet (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
14 seasons is a big endeavor and I would not be shocked to learn that some of this will be dependent on consumer response. If these initial releases meet their sales projections, I don’t see why more wouldn’t follow. On the other hand, if everyone makes the perfect the enemy of the good and consumers throw out the baby with the bathwater, that would probably make it much harder for MPI to continue despite any plans they may have.

I look forward to the official announcement and I cannot imagine not ordering once that’s out.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
14 seasons is a big endeavor and I would not be shocked to learn that some of this will be dependent on consumer response. If these initial releases meet their sales projections, I don’t see why more wouldn’t follow. On the other hand, if everyone makes the perfect the enemy of the good and consumers throw out the baby with the bathwater, that would probably make it much harder for MPI to continue despite any plans they may have.

I look forward to the official announcement and I cannot imagine not ordering once that’s out.
Without creating unnecessary speculation, I find it troubling that MPI hasn't made any official announcement at this point in time. When calling them they are more tight lipped than ever. Meaning no one seems to know anything or they are being directed to say such. They were unaware of these two seasons being listed for Pre-Order? Could that be true?

What I didn't say here was that sometime between last August and about a month back I had spoken to the same woman who began apologizing for giving me the elaborate info she had back in August. I didn't post that here because I didn't want to upset everyone. Something is not quite right. Either that or they are simply lousy business people.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think those concerns are unwarranted.

The release hasn’t been announced yet. That means the people handling customer service have either not been informed of the new product, or aren’t allowed to discuss it yet.

It’s not fair to expect people who aren’t yet informed of a release or aren’t yet allowed to talk about it to be ready to disseminate information they’re not currently authorized to reveal.

It frequently happens that online retailers post preorders before the release has been confirmed by the studio or label. That is what is happening here in regards to preorder links. Press releases are typically issued when a release is about a month away. We’re more than two months away now.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I think those concerns are unwarranted.

The release hasn’t been announced yet. That means the people handling customer service have either not been informed of the new product, or aren’t allowed to discuss it yet.

It’s not fair to expect people who aren’t yet informed of a release or aren’t yet allowed to talk about it to be ready to disseminate information they’re not currently authorized to reveal.

It frequently happens that online retailers post preorders before the release has been confirmed by the studio or label. That is what is happening here in regards to preorder links. Press releases are typically issued when a release is about a month away. We’re more than two months away now.
Thanks for explaining the process Josh. I did just speak with them and at least now they are acknowledging both seasons are being released. So does MPI send out a directive to Mr. Epstein to officially post a Pre-Order link here at HTF?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks for explaining the process Josh. I did just speak with them and at least now they are acknowledging both seasons are being released. So does MPI send out a directive to Mr. Epstein to officially post a Pre-Order link here at HTF?

Speaking in general terms, these labels have publicity firms and/or internal publicity departments, and they’ll usually issue press releases to various entities simultaneously, either by sending a release directly or providing access to a website that has the information posted.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I got my TimeLife set and saw in the credits that the nefarious Jim Pierson is credited as the producer.
Not sure why you called Jim Pierson, nefarious? He doesn't do shoddy work. He's produced a lot of quality DVD sets IMO. He spearheaded the DVD releases of Dark Shadows, Here's Lucy, The Donna Reed Show, My Living Doll, and The Doris Day Show, among others, all released by MPI. I expect O&H to be of the same top quality.

Real Name
Geoffrey
Not sure why you called Jim Pierson, nefarious?
I know of three film collectors that graciously lent their prints to projects he was working on (not this project) and he literally stole the prints. In one instance, the collector sent the prints "Bill Recipient" as instructed by Mr. Pierson and he refused to the pay the bill so FedEx came after the Sender (the film collector) and they got turned into a collection agency. The collector tried numerous times to reach Mr. Pierson and fix the situation but he already had got what he wanted and never returned any calls or messages.

What a nice way to treat someone who goes out of their way to help with something free of charge. Stole the irreplaceable prints and stuck em' with the shipping bill. Other than that he's probably a great guy! :rolleyes:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
So I've got some news for these upcoming Ozzie & Harriet releases. I called MPI yesterday and amazingly the receptionist put me through to the VP of sales when I inquired about the O&H season sets coming in May. I kinda stretched the truth and made it sound like I was involved in purchasing media for a shop in LA. Anyhow, once I got through for a short 1 minute conversation I was told MPI's general, long-range plans for releasing the series.

Good News: They will be releasing the entire series, which is all but finished in terms of clean-up and prep.

Bad News: After these initial releases in May, they will be selling the remaining seasons in half-season sets. And they will only be releasing one season per year due to the poor condition of the economy right now. He said it's the only way they can be sure not to lose their shirts in this deal. So we'll be getting two sets per year, but those sets will only half-season sets. So it will take some time before we have the entire series.

Gary "how does everyone feel about that decision from MPI?" O.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
So I've got some news for these upcoming Ozzie & Harriet releases. I called MPI yesterday and amazingly the receptionist put me through to the VP of sales when I inquired about the O&H season sets coming in May. I kinda stretched the truth and made it sound like I was involved in purchasing media for a shop in LA. Anyhow, once I got through for a short 1 minute conversation I was told MPI's general, long-range plans for releasing the series.

Good News: They will be releasing the entire series, which is all but finished in terms of clean-up and prep.

Bad News: After these initial releases in May, they will be selling the remaining seasons in half-season sets. And they will only be releasing one season per year due to the poor condition of the economy right now. He said it's the only way they can be sure not to lose their shirts in this deal. So we'll be getting two sets per year, but those sets will only half-season sets. So it will take some time before we have the entire series.

Gary got me. My fault for not reading the 2nd post before I replied :)

JC Riesenbeck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe

I'll try my best to keep living seeing as how I'm pushing 70.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
We started the day at work with a full, district wide, internet failure. I've spent my morning troubleshooting. Today's "date" never entered my mind (and I generally ignore it anyway - I work in a K-12 environment - kids... ) even after reading your 2nd post.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

That’s a good one! :D

I will say that I think it’s important to point out, from a business perspective, that people who are interested in these releases should make an effort to preorder them or buy them as close to release date as possible, as early sales are the ones that count most for studios and labels, as that’s what they use to measure demand.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
That’s a good one! :D

I will say that I think it’s important to point out, from a business perspective, that people who are interested in these releases should make an effort to preorder them or buy them as close to release date as possible, as early sales are the ones that count most for studios and labels, as that’s what they use to measure demand.

In all seriousness, that's 100% correct. I hope everyone here has pre-ordered the sets. It is always critical to ongoing releases.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

BTW, make sure you check today's date while considering your answer to my question above.
:) :) :) You got me. LOL! Too funny!

The Nelsons.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks