What's new

Ozzie & Harriet (1 Viewer)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
This is the first time I've seen the full-season sets being offered on eBay. Season 1 is at the link below. They are selling for $36.87 each including shipping, but + tax as pre-orders. I went ahead and pre-ordered mine from Amazon for $23.00 + tax about a week ago. I'm really looking forward to these!

Note that in the listing's description it says:

""For the very first time, in association with the Nelson family, the entire series has been digitally restored.....""

So, if this is true, then maybe the release schedule will be faster than anticipated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115348863691?epid=13053071589&hash=item1adb53facb:g:9gAAAOSwuAdiXSmw
Good deal. I bought my set from Target for $23.99 each. I had a gift card which paid for most of it.

An Elvis Fan

Agent
Real Name
Thomas Widener
I too pre ordered this. Fifty dollars for two complete seasons is too good of a deal to pass up! Does anyone know if these will contain the original commercials? It would be nice if it did.
My only concern is that, if these don’t sell well, the first two seasons may be all we get, but my fingers are crossed that more seasons will follow. I guess my other question is that would getting the complete series be beyond the realm of possibility? Even if they release two seasons a year, it would take years to complete the series.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I got a message about my pre-order saying there was a release date change to June 21. Maybe this is why MPI hasn't made an official announcement yet?
Barney Fife.gif

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I got a message about my pre-order saying there was a release date change to June 21. Maybe this is why MPI hasn't made an official announcement yet?

Only positive explanation I can come up with his that they changed their mind about cramming all those episodes onto only four discs. Might we get five instead?

Gary “holding out hope that’s the explanation“ O.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Seasons 3 and 4 are listed as 3-disc sets, so it appears that seasons 1 & 2 will only be 4-discs sets as reported earlier.
View attachment 139907
Ron I wonder if these are also sold-out at MPI?
icon_e_thinking.gif
Oh wait they're not even listed yet. Still no official announcement either. The anticipation is building all across the world this forum.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Only positive explanation I can come up with his that they changed their mind about cramming all those episodes onto only four discs. Might we get five instead?...
Four discs is a real disappointment in so many ways, especially when B&W shows like Season One of Highway Patrol (don't know about the other seasons) had only four episodes per disc!
The tenth disc had only three episodes on it.

Even if MGM decided to put an extra episode on the last three discs (five total episodes), to save a few bucks on the extra disc, it wouldn't as bad as....

Well, I'll wait to see what happens, though, as I've been wrong before.
Hopefully, these releases will prove me wrong, and happily add to my score.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Four discs is a real disappointment in so many ways, especially when B&W shows like Season One of Highway Patrol (don't know about the other seasons) had only four episodes per disc!
The tenth disc had only three episodes on it.

Even if MGM decided to put an extra episode on the last three discs (five total episodes), to save a few bucks on the extra disc, it wouldn't as bad as....

Well, I'll wait to see what happens, though, as I've been wrong before.
Hopefully, these releases will prove me wrong, and happily add to my score.
Never bought MPI product are their releases usually good?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Never bought MPI product are their releases usually good?
I believe they put out quality product. They've been around for decades, long before the advent of DVD, they released VHS tapes. I own many of their DVD sets, including the massive Dark Shadows complete series coffin set. They also have released a lot of forgotten titles like The Doris Day Show, My Living Doll, The Mothers-In-Laws, and The Donna Reed Show, which I'm almost certain they worked with the show's owners instead of a studio (as in the case of Ozzie & Harriet), and helped remaster the episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks