What's new

Owners of Kenwood HTIB's (1 Viewer)

JaymeF

Agent
Hey, I have a Kenwood HTB-455 system, as soon as I got it I upgraded all the speaker wires to 16guage monster cable. I have a good monster coax cable from the DVD player to the receiver. Anyways, I find that when I turn it up to about 5 (max is 0) sometimes I hear a few pop's in certian movies. I am just wondering if this is normal, am I overworking the speakers? or could there be something wrong with my dvd player or something else in my setup? I was just wondering, those who own this system what do you turn it up to.

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
I dont have that Kenwood but usually when you hear "pops" its the result of the sub (if you have one) bottoming out. So maybe you have your sub level up too high or you're just getting more bass than the sub can handle.

JaymeF

Agent
Ok, that is a possibility. I have everything flat right now, I didn't adjust the DB levels of the individual speakers. Maybe I should try putting the sub into the minus's?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Check the back of the sub's settings. Kenwood's manual says to put the volume level dial at the 11 o'clock position (just under half).

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
?? Every powerd sub has to have some sort of volume level control. I have the HTB-503 and the Kenwood sub that came with it has 2 dials on the back. One for volume, one for freq range.

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
i used to have a kenwood 6070 receiver hooked up to some mirage speakers, and everytime i raised and lowered the volume, i heard crackling and pops, i dont know why my receiver did that, but i returned it.

your popping maybe result to clipping? or possibly you receiver just has high thd?

JaymeF

Agent
I don't think the subwoofer is powered.. if that was so, wouldn't it have to be plugged into an outlet? I just have to hook up the two speaker wires from the reciever to the sub and thats it.

Maybe it is clipping, I only notice this when it is turned up very loud and in very loud scenes in the movie. I don't want to damage my equipment, so I will adjust the levels a little lower.

AllenSu

Auditioning
Jayme, I had the same problem with my Kenwood 755dv HTIB. The sub in this system is also passive. I bought a new active sub, turned back the gain for it's output in the receiver and used the sub controls to adjust level. Much better now....no clipping on my LOTR dvd.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Ahh man it's not powered?? I hope Kenwood is charging a lot less for the latest models. The sub was the 2nd best thing for their HTB's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.