What's new

Out of TV offerings, what are the most likely next Walt Disney Treasues? (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I know the Mickey Mouse Club is coming and I guess subsequent volumes of that are likely but I am looking for some proper follow-ups to Davy Crockett. Two stand out in my mind as DVD hopefuls but given my lack of knowledge of popularity of the time of creation as well as nostalgia quality, I do not know if they are likely. From watching syndicated reruns of Disneyland programming from the 50's 60's in the 80's,I caught a peak at some classic Disney TV. I liked most the adventures of Swamp Fox. With a catchy theme and star of my beloved Police Squad, Airplane, and Naked Gun; Leslie Nielsen, it was very much to my liking. I also liked Gallagher and the further adventures of said Gallagher. Now, my local station did not go through the whole run of Disneyland, but it did show Gallagher, Swamp Fox, Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, and a few others, including some animated collections quite often. I know some of the Disneyland programming was broken up movies, but as I understand these were elaborate TV productions. How popular were these and how likely a chance do they stand as Walt Disney Treasures, or even just plain simple DVD releases? Also, if there are any others of interest, please point them out, I may have forgotten a thing or two.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I'm still waiting for The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, that was announced WAY back..

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Yes, Zorro.

Also, it would be neat to have the two Hardy Boys serials that aired as part of The Mickey Mouse Club. Since it's unlikely that every one of the MMC episodes in which they aired will be included on the MMC volume, they could be included as bonus material. Or they could be featured in a Treasures volume that has nothing but the MMC serials, also including The Adventures of Spin & Marty and Annette.

Ron_Wi

Auditioning
I would love to have "The Secrets of the Pirates Inn" released on DVD from Disney. It was a 2 part (2 hour) episodes of the Wonderful World of Disney. I remembered watching this as a kid, haven't seen it since and remember it vividly. I'd love to share this one with my kids.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I want more specials that showcase the Disney parks in their golden eras (and I should note that the Disneyland boxed set botched up the Disneyland 10th Anniversary Special by truncating the "Enchanted Tiki Room" show as opposed to the original broadcast which ran unedited on the Disney Channel) including "Disneyland Goes To The Fair" (1964), the 1967 special on the opening of Pirates Of The Caribbean and the new Tomorrowland at Disneyland, and the 1971 "Grand Opening Of Walt Disney World" special which features highlights of the long defunct "Mickey Mouse Revue" attraction from Disney World, as well as the final segment of the original "Hall Of Presidents" show.

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
Rick, The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh is still scheduled for a May 5th, 2005 release but I'm fearful that it's only going to be the theatrical release which was cobbled together from just two episodes instead of a collection of the complete three program run.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I too would like to see more park-related Treasures, but hearing that Disneyland USA didn't sell that well makes me think that that probably won't happen anytime soon.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Everyone has mentioned live-action productions so far, but I wouldn't mind having a Ludwig von Drake collection. I believe he was a TV-only character, who often appeared on Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color or whatever the early 60s version was called.

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney
I'd like to see all the episodes of the Disney anthology series (called "Disneyland" from 1954 to 1958, "Walt Disney Presents" from 1958-1961, "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" from 1961-1969, "The Wonderful World of Disney" from 1969-1979, "Disney's Wonderful World" from 1979-1981, "Walt Disney" from 1981-1983, "The Disney Sunday Movie" from 1985-1988, and "The Magical World of Disney" from 1988-1996) that were produced for the series (and may or may not have been later released theatrically). This is a HUGE project to consider, but I'm positive it would sell marvelously well. Season sets wouldn't work quite so well, since much of the series consisted of theatrical movies edited to fit the hour-long broadcast time, but for those episodes (including ones about the Parks not included in "Disneyland U.S.A.") which were only seen on television, my money's already raring to be plunked down for them. ENTIRE SCHEDULE OF THE DISNEY ANTHOLOGY SERIES, 1954-1996

In addition, I'd leap for the chance to own as much as possible of the "Zorro" series, including season sets.

CherylWI

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the Disney Anthology schedule. I've seen 70 to 80% of those episodes as I was growing up and would love to see them again. We had it real good back in the day.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I have a question about that list of everything on the anthology. It includes the 1974 Whiz Kid and the Mystery at Riverton, which is a sequel to the 1973 Alvin the Magnificent which isn't on the list.

I have vague memories of these (and they would have been from that time period, and wasn't sure if they were on Disney or not (which is what I thought they were from), but I don't see how one can be Disney and the other not?

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney
George -

IMDB.com says that "Alvin the Magnificent" (1973) was produced by Walt Disney Productions, so it's possible that it was shown on TV separately from the anthology series proper. Either that or maybe the schedule has a glitch?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks