What's new

Our Miss Brooks on DVD (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
There are two episodes that are neither in the syndication package nor in circulation. Probably the only way to get them right now would be an official DVD release.
I thought it was 3 episodes? At least according to the CBS bible it is.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If you name the episode title I can check against my S1 discs to confirm.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Gloria.jpg

Sad News, Gloria McMillan who played "Harriet Conklin" has passed away. :(

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
" ... another one long before her birthday!"

I don't understand what this means. Unless you die on your birthday (as supposedly Shakespeare did ... and as Ingrid Bergman did), doesn't everyone die before or after their birthday?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
" ... another one long before her birthday!"

I don't understand what this means. Unless you die on your birthday (as supposedly Shakespeare did ... and as Ingrid Bergman did), doesn't everyone die before or after their birthday?

That is true-- I'm just saying that several lately (most notably Betty White) have passed on within striking distance of their birthdays (and I really wanted Betty White to be a centenarian).

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
That is true-- I'm just saying that several lately (most notably Betty White) have passed on within striking distance of their birthdays (and I really wanted Betty White to be a centenarian).
I see. So you meant "another one not long before her birthday"?

This reminds me of one of the greatest coincidences of my life. On December 17, 2018, someone mentioned the musical Hair and I wondered if the composer of that show, Galt MacDermot, was still living. I went to Wikipedia to check -- and he had died that very day.

And the reason this discussion reminds me of that is because it was one day before his 90th birthday.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Our Miss Brooks, of course, but few things in life do. :biggrin:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
When CBS Home Video was disbanded, that essentially killed the MOD department as all of the people who worked in that department were let go. So the likelihood of any future OMB releases or any other shows for that matter are pretty much nil. Too bad.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
This is really sad. The HD transfers have all been done right? There is just no one willing to put them on discs :(

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
That’s incredibly disappointing that we missed out on a release of Caribe. I’ve never seen it but would have been glad to purchase it as a blind buy. Adding more QM material to my TV library is always a plus.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Darn. Any chance of them licensing out Caribe or Our Miss Brooks to other companies?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks