What's new

TV DVD's Scheduled Before the Pandemic? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

Two and a half years ago, before the world changed, I'm sure there were TV DVD projects that were in the works, but got side railed with more pressing concerns. There was talk about amazon releasing Our Miss Brooks and Ben Casey, but after season 1, there has been scant word on following seasons Do any of you remember what was being talked about before hand?

Just trying to remember.

--jthree

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
MPI announced a reissue of Dangerous Assignment, the 1952 Brian Donlevy international intrigue show, complete series on DVD for September last year. As of yet, it has not appeared nor received an updated new street date. (It is available on Prime for streaming, and on PD DVD from Alpha). I was hoping to pick up the MPI set, sourced from Hal Roach vault 35mm elements, as I missed out on the long OOP Roxbury set. Wonder if it's still coming? MPI did release a great complete series set of Code 3, all 39 episodes on 3 discs in July that I have, and highly recommend. Of course, a lot of Ozzie and Harriet fans also wonder when the rumoured season sets of that long-running series will commence from MPI. Presumably after some contractual interval involving the Time-Life releases has elapsed?

According to an HTF member who has purported insider contacts at CBS/P, the MOD program is over. Big regrets there, and I hope not! I of course was hoping for more Ben Casey in particular.

One thing I dread overall is the pandemic becoming another corollary to the catastrophic effects that the damnable 2008-2010 or so recession had on the Vintage TV on DVD/Blu Home Video market. Classic era theatrical films continue to enjoy unprecedented disc access on home video courtesy of several boutique labels!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
One thing I dread overall is the pandemic becoming another corollary to the catastrophic effects that the damnable 2008-2010 or so recession had on the Vintage TV on DVD/Blu Home Video market. Classic era theatrical films continue to enjoy unprecedented disc access on home video courtesy of several boutique labels!

Remember, the good times. In 2007, so many DVD's coming out. So many choices. And more would have come out if that hadn't recession happened. That was before the dark times and streaming. You just can't beat holding that tv collection in your hands.

--jthree

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks