Our Miss Brooks on DVD

Susan Nunes_329977

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Susan Nunes
Same here. After it getting off to a slow start, this show started to get very good. I hated to reach the end of the first season. Of course, it had little to do with what teaching was like.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Same here. After it getting off to a slow start, this show started to get very good. I hated to reach the end of the first season. Of course, it had little to do with what teaching was like.

I'm not all that far into watching the first season, but I don't remember once seeing Miss Brooks in a classroom teaching. Still a very fun show.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I think I wrote here already that, years ago, I read an interview with Eve Arden where she said she only agreed to do the show if Miss Brooks were never shown actually teaching, because that's something she could never do in real life (she never finished high school).

Of course, that doesn't say much for her acting abilities, but let's face it, in everything she did, she always gave the same performance. But I always liked her.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I think I wrote here already that, years ago, I read an interview with Eve Arden where she said she only agreed to do the show if Miss Brooks were never shown actually teaching, because that's something she could never do in real life (she never finished high school).

Of course, that doesn't say much for her acting abilities, but let's face it, in everything she did, she always gave the same performance. But I always liked her.
Kind of like Camp Runamuck, about counselors at a kids camp where there are few episodes where any kids are present.

LouA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Any updates on a Season 2 release?
Right now this is probably "touch and go" while we wait to see if CBS will continue it's on -demand program. I hope they do since there are shows I'd like to own as well as finish Our Miss Brooks and Ben Casey .

Reactions: JamesSmith

Tom.W

Stunt Coordinator
For anyone interested, the Decades channel will begin airing back to back episodes of OMB on October 5th at 4:00am ET. The run on METV appeared to be from the same source as the release of season 1 on dvd. Remastered for syndication, looking very good but cut to about 22:30.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
For anyone interested, the Decades channel will begin airing back to back episodes of OMB on October 5th at 4:00am ET. The run on METV appeared to be from the same source as the release of season 1 on dvd. Remastered for syndication, looking very good but cut to about 22:30.
AFAIK those were cut long ago when they aired on CBS daytime. No doubt the negatives were cut.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
AFAIK those were cut long ago when they aired on CBS daytime. No doubt the negatives were cut.
I recall reading the same thing a while back.

I would love to have the original versions but it’s not the hill I’m gonna die on. The syndicated versions still bring me 22 minutes of peaceful delight at the end of my day and that’s in short supply in 2020!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dan13