Our Miss Brooks on DVD

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So I’m very near the end of season one and I don’t want to stop watching the show, but with no other official releases I’m stuck.

Anyone have any leads on a public domain release or a private collection of taped-off-TV episodes or anything like that?

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
So I’m very near the end of season one and I don’t want to stop watching the show, but with no other official releases I’m stuck. Anyone have any leads on a public domain release or a private collection of taped-off-TV episodes or anything like that?
Sadly, the same thing seems to have happened to also superb looking My Little Margie. Season One only and it's been years now and nothing new. The two Our Miss Brooks sets are great looking and I'd buy anything else that becomes available. For the complete series, and this may not be kosher or of great quality, but here it is: http://classicdvdworld.com/OUR-MISS-BROOKS-DVD-THE-COMPLETE-SERIES-32-DVD-SET_p_59.html I think I'll wait for the official ones myself. I bought an off label set of the complete People's Choice and some are so dark it's hard to make out what's going on.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I tried that site but it appears to be dead. No ability to place an order (everything is “out of stock”) and no one replies to the email address listed :(

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Last edited:

Flashgear

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randall
I presume that anybody who's an Eve Arden fan would also want the MPI complete series DVD set of The Mothers-in-Law...a quite funny and often hilarious 1967-69 sit-com produced by Desi Arnaz...with Eve Arden in fine form, co-starring with the wonderful Kaye Ballard, supported by Roger C. Carmel, Herb Rudley, Richard Deacon, Jerry Fogel and Deborah Walley...a multitude of great guest stars and familiar faces...Ozzie Nelson, Jimmy Durante, Paul Lynde, Don Rickles, Larry Storch, Beverly Garland, Rob Reiner, Desi Arnaz jr., and his father Desi Arnaz playing a pompous world famous Matador, who after slaying 500 bulls without being gored, experiences a career-ending misadventure at the hands of the well meaning Mothers-in-law...

The 8 DVD set is loaded with hours of great extras...for Eve Arden fans, there's a lovely color video segment (approx. 5 min.) from a TV special, Cyd Charisse's Startime Theater from December 29, 1959...Eve dances a beautiful duet with the spectacular Cyd Charisse...both of them stunning, and with Eve showing the grace of a duet dance partner worthy of the exquisite Cyd Charisse...it's really something to behold...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think that’s the same set/same guy as the other site, but good find. It looks like this set has about a dozen or more S1 episodes, so the question is, should I pay an inflated price for a small quantity of new episodes.

I just discovered - but haven’t watched - what appears to be a Roku channel just for this show. It looks like it has the exact same episodes as this set. A brief preview I did revealed VHS, taped off TV quality. My guess is that someone ripped these discs and made a channel. Might just start there.

I’d gladly pay CBS their inflated prices for additional volumes released through official means. I like the show enough that it would be worth it for me.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
These "complete" unofficial sets often have really bad PQ. I was happy to get all of People's Choice no matter the quality and almost broke down and bought the infamously dreadful Adventures in Paradise sets. Damn those James Michener heirs!

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I presume that anybody who's an Eve Arden fan would also want the MPI complete series DVD set of The Mothers-in-Law...a quite funny and often hilarious 1967-69 sit-com produced by Desi Arnaz...with Eve Arden in fine form, co-starring with the wonderful Kaye Ballard, supported by Roger C. Carmel, Herb Rudley, Richard Deacon, Jerry Fogel and Deborah Walley...a multitude of great guest stars and familiar faces...Ozzie Nelson, Jimmy Durante, Paul Lynde, Don Rickles, Larry Storch, Beverly Garland, Rob Reiner, Desi Arnaz jr., and his father Desi Arnaz playing a pompous world famous Matador, who after slaying 500 bulls without being gored, experiences a career-ending misadventure at the hands of the well meaning Mothers-in-law...

The 8 DVD set is loaded with hours of great extras...for Eve Arden fans, there's a lovely color video segment (approx. 5 min.) from a TV special, Cyd Charisse's Startime Theater from December 29, 1959...Eve dances a beautiful duet with the spectacular Cyd Charisse...both of them stunning, and with Eve showing the grace of a duet dance partner worthy of the exquisite Cyd Charisse...it's really something to behold...
I have that set and agree it’s well worth having.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Far cry from 130 episodes made. This series ran in finitum in Australia from new. Joins the likes of The Adv of Robin Hood(UK) and The Nelsons(Adv of Ozzie & Harriet) who had the same activity of repeats from the same channel. I don't think we mided as it was all new to us then.

farnsbarns

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Sadly, the same thing seems to have happened to also superb looking My Little Margie. Season One only and it's been years now and nothing new.
The Gale Storm website still mentions the forthcoming collection of the COMPLETE "My Little Margie",
but as often as the site seems to be updated that offers little solace. Season 1 does remain available - I guess that's something...
(Somewhat of a no-name DVD production but I agree with you the quality was highly satisfactory on the first set).
Like you said though, no change in status for a few years now, no word on if they're still working on it or if the project's been abandoned.
MLM fans at this point would greatly appreciate any kind of status update.

Maybe release season by season instead of strictly the complete series, to keep the revenue flowing?
Or consider launching a Kickstarter campaign if necessary.
At any rate, My Little Margie 2020 has my vote for home video release! xD

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
These "complete" unofficial sets often have really bad PQ. I was happy to get all of People's Choice no matter the quality and almost broke down and bought the infamously dreadful Adventures in Paradise sets. Damn those James Michener heirs!
What part of not discussing bootleg DVDs did you miss?

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I enjoyed the heck out of those two Our Miss Brooks volumes last fall. They definitely left me wanting more, so the end of the CBS MOD Program is really disappointing. Now, I doubt we'll ever see more of OMB or My Three Sons.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gil Jones