What's new

Original Opening Logo WB / United Artist etc. (3 Viewers)

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
The 1967 Dick Van Dyke/Barbara Feldon comedy,Fitzwilly, originally began with the 1967 logo (same logo as on You Only Live Twice). It is intact on the Fox Spanish Blu-Ray. I still have yet to hear the 10-note fanfare, that would sometimes accompany the logo, though!

arbogast

Grip
Real Name
Scott
Have you actually seen the Fox blu-ray of "Fitzwilly" (with the 1967 era UA/Transamerica circle logo)? I can't find a retailer listing it anywhere on the web. Can you recommend a source?

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
arbogast said:
Have you actually seen the Fox blu-ray of "Fitzwilly" (with the 1967 era UA/Transamerica circle logo)? I can't find a retailer listing it anywhere on the web. Can you recommend a source?
I could not find a retailer. Sorry. The guy who uploaded this said that the Blu-Ray came from Spain, and the distributor was an off company licensed by 20th Century Fox.

Legend has it that the 10-note-fanfare was heard on U.S. prints of the Italian James Bond spoof Operation Kid Brother (originally a Titanus release).

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I think Exorcist III was originally released by 20th Century Fox. Does the Blu-ray open with the Fox logo?

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Exorcist III opens with it's original Morgan Creek logo. Someone said on another forum they saw a print of III and that it didn't contain a FOX logo at all. Some believe the FOX logo was only used for the VHS editions. I could be wrong?

But it always did at least contain the Morgan Creek intro.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Powell&Pressburger said:
Exorcist III opens with it's original Morgan Creek logo. Someone said on another forum they saw a print of III and that it didn't contain a FOX logo at all. Some believe the FOX logo was only used for the VHS editions. I could be wrong?

But it always did at least contain the Morgan Creek intro.
That could be; I never saw the movie theatrically, so I really don't know.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Shocking thing is I did see Exorcist III when it came out in theatres by myself! My aunt and uncle went to see something else and I saw this one alone. I remember a few creepy things in the film but I haven't seen it since the early 90's on VHS. (keep in mind I watched the first film by myself on VHS back then also.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Without the original the film is diminished.

I like the Ladd Company logo white background for Outland opening.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Anyone here own the 2000 DVDs of Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, and Interiors?

The 1968 UA logo is intact on the full-screen transfers of both editions of those films. The former has the 1994 music playing, and the latter is in B&W, similar to how it was on Sleeper.

Again, full-screen transfers only.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Not sure if this has been answered, but did Blazing Saddles originally start with the red-and-black 70s WB logo, before the shield fades in and is burned through?

raphdude

Stunt Coordinator
Pardon if this has already been posted, but the BLU's of the Dirty Harry films Magnum Force, The Enforcer, and Sudden Impact have the original Saul BassLogo (red,white,black) on them!Also, the original WCI home video vhs of Blazing Saddles had the Saul Bass logo on first before the shield. I never saw the film in the theatres, so don't know about that.Lastly, I saw Exorcist III in theatres in 1990, and the Fox fanfare was present before the Morgan Creek logo, but it's been absent since WHVTook over the rights for home video.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
50074600 In regards to the old WCI Home Video of Blazing Saddles was that Saul Bass logo the exacto one used for my avatar or the WCI Home video version in blue and white? If it was the Blue/White version that is simply the WCI home VIdeo logo as opposed to the Warner Communications "theatrical" logo.

Dirty Harry is already listed on the main post :)

Updated Exorcist III info.

AndySu - The Ladd Company Logo - For what film were you referring to?

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
raphdude said:
Pardon if this has already been posted, but the BLU's of the Dirty Harry films Magnum Force, The Enforcer, and Sudden Impact have the original Saul BassLogo (red,white,black) on them!
Pretty sure I mentioned that about the DIRTY HARRY films somewhere in this thread...that was one of my most pleasant surprises about those discs when I viewed them five years ago!

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I like the 20th Century Pictures opening, before the Fox Studios merger; a little more rare.

raphdude

Stunt Coordinator
Powell&Pressburger said:
50074600 In regards to the old WCI Home Video of Blazing Saddles was that Saul Bass logo the exacto one used for my avatar or the WCI Home video version in blue and white? If it was the Blue/White version that is simply the WCI home VIdeo logo as opposed to the Warner Communications "theatrical" logo.Dirty Harry is already listed on the main post :)Updated Exorcist III info.AndySu - The Ladd Company Logo - For what film were you referring to?
PowellPressBurger,The blue and white WCI logo was first, but then the Red/White/Black Saul Bass logo did appear on the VHS, like your avatar, followed by the WB shield (on fire). FYI, the Saul Bass logo appeared on the first What's Up DocVhs from WCI, as well, followed by the storybook with the gold embossed WB shield. However, I'm pretty sure the theatrical version of What's up docOpened with the Storybook only, as on the blu-Ray. I saw it several times in the theatres when I was a kid, (8 years old). Hope that helps!:)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Original theatrical prints for BLAZING SADDLES did open first with the Bass W, followed by the flaming WB shield.Absurdly, the Blu-Ray replaces the Bass W with the modern Burbank-spin-to-shield logo, and *still* goes to the burning shield afterward. Why not just start with the burning shield at that point?

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
It's anachronistic to have a new studio logo preceding a vintage film. Kind of like adding CGI to a classic sci-fi/fantasy film. Count me in as someone who thinks films should retain their original logos on video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks