What's new

Ordered the 3G Iphone (but I didn't want to) (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
Friday night a drunk friend destroyed the glass on my first gen iPhone so this morning he stepped up and paid me for a new one. I went down at lunch and ordered a 8 gig model since I'm fully anticipating a larger on in the near future and didn't want to pay 100 bucks for 8 gigs.

So I've got a couple of questions for those who have already purchased the 3G iPhone.

1. Is there a docking station included?
2. Is there any benefit for me in service since I'm now paying 15 bucks extra per month? (this is what really ticks me off since we don't have 3G here in town)
3. Are there any glass repair kits that are legit out there, the phone works perfectly, the glass is just cracked up a lot.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
1.) No
2.) GPS...that's about it
3.) iResQ iPhone Flat-Rate LCD and DIGITIZER Same Day Replacement Service
EDIT: By the way, a colleague of mine had his Touch repaired at this place for about $150...replaced the cracked glass/digitizer. The price in the iPhone repair listing includes replacement of the LCD screen as well. I would call them and ask if they can just replace the digitizer at a reduced price. The other option of course is to contact Apple directly either online or at an Apple Store and get a quote from them.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Shame there is no 3G in town. Totally defeats the purpose of
owning one of these phones.

Do you live in an area that AT&T has promised expanded coverage to?

For me, the 3G on this phone was well worth the upgrade. I get
coverage indoors where I was not able to before.

However, compared to the first gen iPhone this is not a worthy
upgrade to anyone that cannot benefit from 3G. Apple really shorted
its users on features which is very bad timing when you have other
competing companies releasing phones like Instinct.

Blu

Screenwriter
I doubt if we will be seeing 3G here anytime soon.

Ron you are completely right, I didn't want to upgrade to a 3G phone since it is worthless here, I was hoping for more features for the people who don't live in 3G areas.

I was very underwhelmed by this release and now I have to pay 15 bucks more per month on top of that!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks