What's new

Ordered my Audi!! (1 Viewer)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Well it took me long enough, but this Saturday I finally confirmed the car I'm buying. I filled out all the paper work so that this fall (They have to make the car ;)) I'll be driving away in a brand new 2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro.
I'm getting the Premium Package (which is a HUGE package: Xenon, Sunroof, Auto Dimming Mirrors... list goes on), Sport Package, and the Cold Weather Package.
It will be Ming Blue with Blue Leather interior, O I can't wait. (The one and only downside of getting a car the exact way you want)
The main reason I have to order it is apparently no one gets a fully loaded A4 with out getting the Bose Stereo upgrade... YUCK!
Brian

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
Brian, thats beautiful car. Just sheer elagance.

Do you mind if I ask, is it a standard. The clutch on those babies are so soft and smooth. It's like pushing your foot down into a pool of water.

And does the sports package include the driver side racing seat?

Again, congrats on a sweet ride!!!

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Opps I missed that point... It's a 6-Speed Manual ;-) No way would get a tiptronic, my left foot and right arm need someting to do.

The sports package doesn't include a drivers side racing seat. I think you have to get the S4 to get those.

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
sweet deal, there is no way anyone should buy a car like that without it being a manual. IMHO.
I hate seeing beautiful cars ruined by putting in an automatic or even tiptronic.
You really have to hate the wait though, but ur getting what you want. I guess you'll have to go buy a couple hundred DVD's to waste the time until your car arrives :D

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations! I want to see pics!!

The main reason I have to order it is apparently no one gets a fully loaded A4 with out getting the Bose Stereo upgrade... YUCK!
A wise man. If they had not had mine on the lot I was ready to order a non-Bose A4 when I got my 2000. Some dealers specifically order cars without the stereo to lower the price.

The Bose stereo option on Audis, BTW, in case anyone is unfamiliar with it, has to be the single biggest waste of money in the world, especially on the new A4s. You pay for "upgraded" speakers and amps (the originals sound fine), additional speakers in the rear doors (which actually is worth something - not much, but something), and the "Bose" logo on the speaker grilles. The head unit is exactly the same and the stock speakers and amps are very good, easily as good as the "upgrade".

Nice job getting the stick. I greatly prefer stick on a car like this.

Which wood option are you going to have? I absolutely love the figured Vavona in mine.

Check out my A4.

In 2000 "Sport seats" were an option. The A4 I test drove before buying mine had the "sport seats". Ironically it did not have the "sports package".

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Congratulations Brian! That's a sweet car. I was very close to buying one myself but ended up buying a 2001 Corvette instead. :D Ming Blue was one of the colors on my list, along with Dolphin Gray and Ebony Pearl. I'm sure that you'll be very happy with it. Did you happen to drive an A4 with the CVT? I loved it and it would've been my choice since I drive through a ton of stop and go traffic every day.
I hate seeing beautiful cars ruined by putting in an automatic or even tiptronic.
What a ridiculous statement. How exactly is a car ruined by having an automatic transmission? Do you know anything about the latest advancements in automatic transmissions, such as the CVT from Audi or the SMG from BMW??? The 0-60 time with the CVT is exactly the same as the 0-60 time with the manual transmission (with a professional driver). You have the option of shifting yourself, without having to mess with a clutch, or letting the computer shift for you. It's the best of both worlds IMO. Not everyone wants to play race car driver every time they get in their car.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Nice ride there Philip! I think the wood I'm getting is the same stuff you have. I think it looks real nice. I never got a chance to see the blue leather interior in person, but I've seen pictures and I liked what I saw.

I dunno why they don't offer sport seats on the B6 A4's. The newly redesigned S4 is supposed to be shown this year, I'm not sure when you can get them though.

Brian

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
congrats! I just got my 2002 3.0QT and LOVE it. I have no doubt you will enjoy driving yours for years to come. The blue seats must be awesome...I haven't seen them in person. I got beige in my brilliant black. In case you haven't already, be sure to check out the forums at http://www.audiworld.com
Todd

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
The CVT looks sweet, but it's not avalible with quattro, up here in Minnesota AWD is a very nice thing.
I do agree that if I were to get an automatic tranny I'd want a CVT from now on, I just like the manual tranny, it increases the fun factor IMO. I don't have much of a commute and most of my real driving is distance driving on highways and interstates, so the 6-speed is a real winner for me ;)
Brian

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Sweet ride, Philip. In my book, Audi's designs are about the most timeless in the industry...clean, simple, and elegant without being austere.
Please post pics, Brian. Front, side (both), back, and interiors. :D Yes, I'm really interested.
Does anyone else have a lust for the original Audi Quattro? Came out around the early '80's and became the greatest rally car in the world? I still rank that design as my all-time favorite.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Does Audi offer a European delivery program similar to BMW? (Since you have to wait until fall anyway.) For my next BMW I'd like to try it -- you get 7% off of MSRP and get to drive it around the Autobahn for a few weeks before they ship it to you. It sounds like fun; I would think Mercedes and Audi have similar programs.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I'm 99% sure Audi has a European delivery program, and I fully intend to explore that route when I buy another German car. But I really can't take the time off to visit Germany this year, or even next. My wife and I are planning to make a trip over there in a few years, just not for a while.
I'd love to post pics... but notice I just ORDERED the car... I won't have it till this fall. :frowning: Besides I don't know of any picutures of a 2003 A4 Sedan, there are a ton of pictures of the '03 A4 Cabrio, now that is a sweet car! Though no Quattro for the first year of production.
Brian

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Doh, I must have confused Audi with Volvo:
Does Audi offer a European Delivery Program?
At the present time, there is no European Delivery Program available for Audi models designed for and sold in North America. European travelers can, however, arrange a tour of the factory in Ingolstadt, Germany. Visit the Audi Forum Inglostadt for more details.
O well, hopefully in a few years :)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Tiptronic is an auto tranny that can be set to be in a manual mode. So you can up shift or down shift with out using a clutch. Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Volvo all have it under different names (all are ___tronic)
The following is a link to a pic of what blue leather interior looks like:
Link Removed

Cam S

Screenwriter
Brian, very nice choice in cars! I love the lines of the Audi's, as they have a look to them that few other motor companies posses, other than the pricier makers such as Porsche, BMW, Mercedes and other exotics. I'ms sure you'll be in utter enjoyment when that baby arrives :D
Philip, very nice car too, dam I love the look of that wood trim, very elegant.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I have a '97 2.8 A4 with Quattro and the sport package and cold weather package. I bought it used on Memorial day in 2000 with 29,300 miles on it. Right now it has 68,000 miles. Audi's get bashed all the time for heavy duty repair work and unreliability, but knock on wood, I haven't had a single problem with mine in over two years. I mean, absolutely nothing.

My experience with this car has been so positive, I would easily consider another Audi in 2-3 years when it's time to purchase again.

Congrats Brian!

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I second the recommendation of the forums at Audiworld.com. I spend some time there while I was contemplating my purchase and the people there were great.

If I'm not mistaken, the 2003 A4 looks exactly like the 2002 A4. I don't think there were any changes to the exterior.

I can't wait to see the new S4 when it comes out. That's gonna be a really sweet car!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks