What's new

Optical Audio Issue (1 Viewer)

LoveHT

Agent
Real Name
Rocco
Hi guys. I'm having the following issue. I recently moved to a new location. I previously had DirecTV, now I have Cable. Everything is working very well, with the exception of audio directly from the TV. Specifically, my Sony TV is a smart tv, and I use it for Netflix. I noticed after set-up that the ARC was not working correctly. I suspect it has to do with the HDMI cable. Thinking I had a quick fix, I enabled the optical audio port on my Marantz receiver, and connected it with an optical cable from the TV to the receiver.
I thought this would work out, but now I don't seem to get surround sound. I do get sound to the front channels.
BTW my cable box, and Blu-ray player work with my receive, the surround sound is excellent.
Only the TV audio through the optic cable seems to be having a problem decoding the surround sound.
Any Ideas of what I need to do; Is there a setting that I may have missed on the receiver?

Thanks for the help!
Rocco

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks